Considering a return

Public Out of Character Board.
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

Considering a return

Unread post by Canticle/Thermal »

So fall is upon me here in a sunny mountain valley of Utah. Snow will soon be up beyond my nose, not that there is anything wrong with that as long as the sun is shining.

So my thoughts return (between bouts of minecraft SMP) to the guild which I once called home. I am considering a resubscribe and update to *cough* pandalandia. Once I get past the cost factor that is.

Infrequently Asked Questions:
- How is the current health of RPPVP on the Nether?
- What is the current state of the guild? (PMs if you'd like)
- Are any of the original Grim folks still active... beyond Abric?
- Is AV still a race?

Missed you smelly hordies.

- Thermal (Character Name TBD, unless I can kill off that elf)
Apprentice Embalmer
Abric
Lost

Re: Considering a return

Unread post by Abric »

That paladin with the name Thermal has not had any updates since 2011. You may be able to petition for the name - there is a time limit somewhere that allows you to do that.
Hektar
Lost

Unread post by Hektar »

I'm original /flex .
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

Hektar wrote:I'm original /flex .
and a special snowflake!

I really screwed up a couple months back. I paid a month just to poke my nose out and wander the old haunts, nostalgia and such. The day after I did so, I saw the ad for scroll of resurrection. Would have made the decision oh so much easier.

edit: just put in a ticket to see if they'd be willing to allow me to get my old name back, as well as wiping out my short look-see month of July, so that I'd be eligible for a Scroll of Rez.
Apprentice Embalmer
Grainger

Unread post by Grainger »

I'm still around although real life dictates that I'm more casual now. There's a mini-Grainger in the world now, a spawn of two forsaken that takes up most of my and Syreena's time;)

I did get your buddy request for tng but as it been so long since I've been there that I've completely forgotten my password I haven't replied.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Dear God, are all the geriatrics coming back... Now all we need is Ayabba and we'd be set.
Hektar
Lost

Unread post by Hektar »

Wasn't it Thermal, Reg, Grainger and another Mage that were first to 60? Then was that warrior that started with a K, then Trilok. Then Hektar /flexagain. God damn that was so long ago. I think Abric beat us all to the epic mount though when he found that damn epic staff.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

All I know is I was the first lock to 60. And maybe Laughingcrow (who really needs to come back!) Licidion, maybe? But he was a priest.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Grainger was the first with the epic riding. He used to run down people and sheep them, before diminishing returns, until the rest of us caught up.

Licidion was also Licidion the rogue before he was the priest. He went priest for BC.
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Abric wrote:Grainger was the first with the epic riding. He used to run down people and sheep them, before diminishing returns, until the rest of us caught up.

Licidion was also Licidion the rogue before he was the priest. He went priest for BC.
He was a priest before BC cause he was one in MC and got the whole priest dungeon 2 set. It was shockingly yellow.

I was here in the beginning, then took a break then came back.
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

Grainger wrote:I'm still around although real life dictates that I'm more casual now. There's a mini-Grainger in the world now, a spawn of two forsaken that takes up most of my and Syreena's time;)

I did get your buddy request for tng but as it been so long since I've been there that I've completely forgotten my password I haven't replied.
Hey, congrats on the spawns, Grainger. My wife and I pretty much live vicariously through our friends spawns.
Apprentice Embalmer
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

Thalevia wrote: He was a priest before BC cause he was one in MC and got the whole priest dungeon 2 set. It was shockingly yellow.
My most fondest memory of my time with the Grim was the timed Baron run. Thankfully Pincus (IIRC) was able to convince the GMs that we actually accomplished it. Was on our second try I believe. Awesome times. I still have my Sorcerer set in my bags. All of the quest Items as well. Sadly those quests are no more. :(

edit: Does anyone happen to have the screenshots we were spamming as evidence?
Apprentice Embalmer
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

Hektar wrote:Wasn't it Thermal, Reg, Grainger and another Mage that were first to 60?
Cannot recall how quick I had Thermal to 60. My first toon was a Healeradin on Stormrage. Took me forever and a day to get her to 60.

I DO remember some of Thermal's leveling. For instance when I first met Grainger, leveling alongside each other in Feralas then joining Grim shortly afterward. Ah, and then AoE-farming the spiders in Dustwallow for coins.
Apprentice Embalmer
Canticle/Thermal
Lost

So here is a quandary...

I decided to suck it up and hand over my life's savings to the big bliz. While I have a chance to redo thermal's faction/server, should I take advantage of the choice of panda? My heart tells me to revert her back to her fleshless face. My gut tells me to take advantage of the expenditure and have her reincarnate into bear form. I suppose it COULD be IC to do so, and would explain her reappearance once Pandalandia was suddenly discovered.

Thoughts, concerns, head-asplodes?

edit: A panda in full Sorcerer's Regalia would be entertaining.
Apprentice Embalmer
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Well, Thermal was a construct IIRC. Anything IS possible. Ask Blood for help. He's good at engineering the hell out of things!