Secret World

Public Out of Character Board.
Thalevia
Lost

Secret World

Unread post by Thalevia »

So I picked this up over the weekend to try out for the free month and am really enjoying it so far. It's different with enough similar that it was somewhat easy to pick up and the rest of the basic mechanics were covered in what amounts to a tutorial masked by story opening.

Anyone else grab it and what do they think so far?
Krinathalasa
Lost

Re: Secret World

Unread post by Krinathalasa »

This game is on my radar and prolly going to wait for it to go free to play.
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

Heh, and I was gonna post something asking if anyone had checked it out yet.

There's a lot about the game that intrigues me, so I've been thinking about checking it out too.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Looks neat... but will have to wait for Free to play.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

You buy the game and you get the first month free...so you can have a month of "free-to-play".

Pretty good game. The Mage/Cthulhu theme is right from my Mage the Ascension campaign. Much more adult. More real research needed to do some quests. More deduction.

Combat is somewhat more active where you dodge on purpose instead of automatically.

I was lukewarm to the game at first but I am warming up to it.

Mal
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

I have a free key (I believe) to give to someone who may want to check it out before they dish out 50 bucks.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Except for Malstrom - who has been ignoring me for an hour.
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

Abric wrote:Except for Malstrom - who has been ignoring me for an hour.
Ha!

How often do YOU look at your chat window when you're playing alone. I never do.

Sorry Abric...

Mal
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

100% for purple text!

Though, the default Secret World stuff is *really* spammy. No excuse for a man of your talents, though. What are you - Bloodscream!?
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

Ah, what the hell. Throw me the key. I'll check it out when I have some time.
Viktor

Unread post by Viktor »

What "dimension" are you guys on? I saw one named Grim and wondered if you could resist but it was full either way.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

You have it!

Though... guess it says I can bring in more? I don't know - let me know how it works.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Arcadia and Leviathan, Viktor. Though the dimensions are merely where you play - your characters are not restricted to them.

For example - if I am playing on Arcadia and you want to group up with me while you play on Leviathan - all I have to do is invite you to the group and we'll get a "meet up" option, which will bring you to Arcadia.

We're all on the same server - the dimensions are merely shards (instances) of that server.
Viktor

Unread post by Viktor »

Abric wrote:Arcadia and Leviathan, Viktor. Though the dimensions are merely where you play - your characters are not restricted to them.

For example - if I am playing on Arcadia and you want to group up with me while you play on Leviathan - all I have to do is invite you to the group and we'll get a "meet up" option, which will bring you to Arcadia.

We're all on the same server - the dimensions are merely shards (instances) of that server.
Cool sausage. I will see you guys about then! Maybe we can play a little of this tonight since the raid is not running. Think I will roll on Leviathan "like a boss"?

Did I do it right? -_-
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

If you have any more keys available, I'd like to give it a shot.