What You Did Yesterday Comes Back Today

Public Out of Character Board.
Abric
Lost

What You Did Yesterday Comes Back Today

Unread post by Abric »

During some conversations with individuals from the Gazette, I decided to scope out Wyrmrest Accord and plant The Grim flag there, so that others would not feel obligated to ninja the name. Thalevia decided to join me, so with the help of Aquizit, Mohan, Coyotl, and Mortica - The Grim exists in the care bear zone.

Returning from an AFK this evening, I noticed an individual had whispered me. A person by the name of Vanthor, who claimed that he was a person who I did quite a bit of leveling and instancing with as Bevial, way back in Burning Crusade. Then, he was a rogue by the name of Diraskhir - a newbie who got caught in the Bevial storm of shields and rends.

I spoke with him for about half an hour, just shooting the shit between some RP talk and some OOC talk, and come to find out that he also remembers The Grim - specifically - his family remembers the Grim. It seems that, during Wrath, The Grim saved his father's character, along with many others, from the roaming bands of gankers.

So, a man I had (in the grand scheme of things) little contact with, at least four years ago - remembered me and remembered The Grim for what we did.

I take that stuff to heart and felt it necessary to share.
Aureilya
Lost

Re: What You Did Yesterday Comes Back Today

Unread post by Aureilya »

Aw, that's a really neat story. Did he say if he might roll a toon back over here on TN to rejoin us?

Since you already created the guild on that server, any plans for us to do anything with that over there? I already rolled a few copies of my toons on that server. I should do Aureliya and Tirade, as well.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Aureliya wrote: Since you already created the guild on that server, any plans for us to do anything with that over there?
Nope! I put a recruitment pitch for Twisting Nether and that is about it. If you want to stable alts, then that is what it is meant for. I'm just placeholding to keep the dirty people's hands off our intellectual property.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Oh yeah, world pvp and such was how I heard about the Grim originally.

So how could the Grim even exist on a non pvp server? Will we be relegated to just yelling insults about the Alliance's mothers?
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Canai wrote:So how could the Grim even exist on a non pvp server? Will we be relegated to just yelling insults about the Alliance's mothers?
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

Canai wrote:Oh yeah, world pvp and such was how I heard about the Grim originally.

So how could the Grim even exist on a non pvp server? Will we be relegated to just yelling insults about the Alliance's mothers?
To my understanding, there is actually more RP-PVP over there than there is here :(
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

I keep forgetting it's non pvp since I stay autoflagged with an add-on anyway.

But yeah everytime I've been over there, I see attacks on stormwind and goldshire.
Ashenfury
Lost

Unread post by Ashenfury »

I came from a normal-rp server (Cenarion Circle) and the PvP flagging rules really were not that different. The only time you notice is when you're leveling up.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

What Abric is most likely referring to were the patrols we did back then. Come to an area and cleanse all the Alliance there. This would not be possible on a non-PVP server.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

If enough war-like guilds voluntarily flag, then you'd still be able to raise a little hell, against the kinds of people we want to cause conflict with.

Note: I'm not advocating server jumping. The ONLY thing Blizzard could do to tempt me off would be to create a new RP-PVP server, allow all existing RP-PVP server guilds to transfer to it for free, and even then only if some sort of severe warning was added to the server creation, and a statement of commitment from Blizzard that a true infraction system would happen on the server (ie, people can't just change their name to something else inappropriate over and over again without getting banned from the server). Since that will never happen, I don't see me ever leaving TN.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Brass

Unread post by Brass »

Lovely story! It's nice to be remembered.

Also, I wouldn't be likely to server transfer. Could never afford it unless I get reaaaally good at D3 Auction House. Even then, I'd be putting those B-Net Bucks to use in other ways.
" WARNING : Protection Tank will be Defensive. "