Public Out of Character Board.
Ashenfury
Lost

Space Pirates (No... for real)

Unread post by Ashenfury »

Therean

Re: Space Pirates (No... for real)

Unread post by Therean »

Nobody, not the governments of the world, not the RIAA and MPAA, nor artists themselves, can standing the the irresistible march of progress.

Information wants to be free, and now it has the technology to demand it.

Who says RL is droll?
Ashenfury
Lost

I could see this thing becoming the first subject of a cold-war era ionic cannon (Command and Conquer style. The originals not the new shit. New shit is lame.). My brother and I were laughing about it and said that they should but some defense systems on it like lasers and a few large caliber AA guns.

Who knows in a few centuries it could go all Cowboy Bebop on us and go semi sentient reaching out to the best hackers it can find while trolling Earth. God I love that show.
Therean

Unread post by Therean »

Cowboy bebop is how geeks learn that sometimes it is better for a beloved series to simply end beautifully.

As much as I yearn for a sequel, for more of this brilliant work and setting- I know that these are bad feeling, human weaknesses that are based in a realm of wishful thinking beyond that which we inhabit. A sequel to bebop would only end in upset and disappointment, and I think the vast majority understand that. What admirable resolution Watanabe has shown to the megabucks in not following through with one in kind.

Thread drift 4 posts in. Wow; I'm terrible.
Ashenfury
Lost

It did have an epic ending that makes watching the last episode hard. The movie was pretty damn good too.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

Heh... I wouldn't call this progress or free information - but it certainly is interesting and damned creative.
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

Can't they simply revise whatever international law or lack of one to zap down any pirate sputniks out there?

Also I love Cowboy Bebop...
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I call bullshit. April Fool's post 13 days too early.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.