Dwarf Fortress Succession: Hotmagic of Death

Public Out of Character Board.
Yichimet

Re: Dwarf Fortress Succession: Hotmagic of Death

Unread post by Yichimet »

Ahh. Time for pasturing, that great passtime where you scroll through the animal list over and over making sure you get all the animals assigned and finding, alas, that you missed two and wham, the spears got 'em.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

20th Obsidian,

Alright, I have devised a plan to eliminate the goblin threat and, at the same time, remove some of our surplus dog population. I placed a dozen of our stray war dogs in a pasture in the main hall, and behind them the mailed ranks of the Divine Paddles, fresh from a few weeks in the Danger Room.

Let Operation Dog Paddle Begin!

5th Granite 131,

Well, Operation Dog Paddle did not go so well. First, the dogs charged out to meet the goblins.

We now have far fewer dogs to worry about.

Then, the goblins charged into the trapped hall and fought with the Divine Paddles while traps went off all around them. It was quite dramatic, but unfortunately...

... the Divine Paddles have been returned to the gods. There are still several dozen goblins outside, now heartened by victory in battle, so we can't go retrieve the bodies. We'll have to wait until they leave. Meanwhile, we may want to train a new military... of men, without babies or dogs.

But it's not my problem anymore! Today I resign (in disgrace) and return to the forges. This mess belongs to someone else.

{ I... have no idea who is next. I believe I uploaded the Hotmagic.zip file to the dropbox successfully, though, so it can be found there. I really overestimated the dwarves' strength this time. Luckily, the inner door was sealed, so the goblins can't get inside. We lost the Divine Paddles but that's it. }
Yichimet

(( ...am I dead?! ))
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

((Baroness Yemana's turn! Don't worry, Yichi, I'll avenge you.))
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

{ Yichi is not dead - he's the leader of the other squad, which I didn't send into battle. }
Yichimet

(( Ahh. I think the Divine Paddles were the justice squad, assigned to the Captain of the Guard? ))
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

((I don't see the folder in the Dropbox at all anymore. I made another one and e-mailed you an invite!))
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

{ Ah. Well, in that case, there is no justice in Hotmagic anymore. Anarchy! I have uploaded the .zip to the folder you shared, Yemana. }
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

Okay, who's up next? We are now a county, I made a working danger room, started paving our streets with gold per Araun's brilliant suggestion. We also have some anti-goblin devices - put another bridge in the first hallway (the lever is in the top left corner of the Glorious Bridges' training room) and a pit covered by a retractable bridge in a side hallway with drawbridges on either side. Lure them, trap them, drop them! Levers are also in the training room and in the hallway beyond.

I also put a pen in what I'm assuming is the old danger room and use it specifically for war dogs when it's time for the military to go into the new danger room.

Anyway. File's in the Dropbox!
Yichimet

Me again I think? Pincus or Quiz, you guys are out?
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

I can give it a shot. I think the well needs to be built, so I think Pincus the Engineer would kinda rock.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

(( Uploading now. Sorry, no quirky journal, so this is a placeholder.

1) Killed a crappy farmer to dig the well. Left his drowned corpse down there.
2) Build an ornate well, and moved the hospital
2.5) Build gold beehives and start a few colonies. Yes. Gold. Beehives.
3) Build a HUGE FRACKING GOLD ROAD. We should be ready to move on up in status
4) Fired Yemana as the manager. Put a dedicated guy on the job
5) Finally built a memorial to the dead farmer after he started scaring people with his ghost
6) Had our glassmaker go stark raving mad. That's where I left off.

File Hotmagic.zip is uploading to Dropbox as we speak))
Gazrit

Unread post by Gazrit »

Once the latest version of Lazy Newb Pack has been released, we will try this again!
Uh, I got nothing.
Gazrit

Unread post by Gazrit »

The new LNP has been released!

The new world shall be created soon.
Uh, I got nothing.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

MU HA HA HA

In the year 576, seven dwarves fled the oppressive rule of the dwarven queen Momuz Puzzlehandle. They established the fortress Grimhaunt in the shadow of the Imperial Point, a lonely mountain in the west reaches of the kingdom of the Grey Paint...

Who goes first? The save file is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45344041/Grimhaunt.zip