Frackin' Steam

Public Out of Character Board.
Yichimet

Frackin' Steam

Unread post by Yichimet »

I FRACKIN' HATE YOU AND SO DOES MY MASTERCARD BILL.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: Frackin' Steam

Unread post by Canaie »

Haha, resistance is futile!

I managed to avoid buying anything, yet.
Xondor

Unread post by Xondor »

Okay... I guess Ill be the one that has to say it.... who in the blue hell uses MasterCard... why not just put it on your Discover card ya tool....

~X&P~
Sponsored by Visa - Everywhere you want to be.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Or put it on the corporate AMEX.
*cough*
Hektar
Lost

Unread post by Hektar »

Isn't Yichi Canadian or is my memory flawed. Discover cards are not available here and carrying an AMEX is a good way to prevent a big bill since most places don't accept them. Course I could be very backwards on this.
Yichimet

Unread post by Yichimet »

Naw, I'm American. I use Mastercard because their prick-level was only slightly less than Visa's when the meltdown happened. Visa jacked my wife's APR so high that she stopped using that card; Mastercard's jacking was only ceiling-level, not sky-high like Visa.

We talk now and again about getting an AmEx or Discover card, but unless someone can convince me the benefits are so great that I'm a retard for not switching, for the time being just using this card and paying off our balance monthly seems like the smartest option.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Try moving to a country where when the prime lending rate is bouncing off zero and *your* credit rating doesn't suck the CC people can't arbitrarily rape you because they f*cked themselves.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Greebo wrote:Try moving to a country where when the prime lending rate is bouncing off zero and *your* credit rating doesn't suck the CC people can't arbitrarily rape you because they f*cked themselves.
APR? You mean, that thing that get applied when there's a balance? :D

I have a card from each of The Three (2 AmEx...one personal, and a corporate charge card, Visa, MC). Your rates really depend on the bank underwriting the card. The only one that's really interesting is the AmEx corporate card, which is a "must pay in full every month".

The only time I love(d) having a credit card was my coworker's that had the AmEx Platinum cards. Free entry to airport lounges and ticket benefits. But, that $500 a year annual fee for the privileged...no way, dude. There's also some slight benefits with tickets, but that's mostly in the NYC area where AmEx underwrites some of the shows...

In short, all CC companies suck. I say we go back to bartering.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Pincus wrote:
Greebo wrote:In short, all CC companies suck. I say we go back to bartering.
How many camels for the little girl?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Immermnemion Dawnbringer

Unread post by Immermnemion Dawnbringer »

It depends ... am I getting one hump or two?
Frygyd

Unread post by Frygyd »

Greebo wrote:
Pincus wrote:
Greebo wrote:In short, all CC companies suck. I say we go back to bartering.
How many camels for the little girl?
Jake: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters... sell them to me. Sell me your children.