Gruul's Lair + Magtheridon?

Public Out of Character Board.
Kethryvaris

Gruul's Lair + Magtheridon?

Unread post by Kethryvaris »

[[I know we don't do these two raids anymore for the most part. They're probably next on my PVE adventures besides ZA. Are there any who would like to go/need to still get a few things? If so, please let me know!]]
Zahak

Re: Gruul's Lair + Magtheridon?

Unread post by Zahak »

I'd like to go to Gruul. The big bastard still owns me a trinket.
Greywarrior

Unread post by Greywarrior »

We still do these when we don't have enough for SSC.  Canai still needs feral t4 shoulders and DST.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I am happy to do them to get T4 PVP tokens. And the Brute Cloak of the Ogre Magi isn't too foul.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

((I think I need shoulders from there with Kiara... Ill have to check))

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

{{ Moving this to Otherworldly Issues.  Grim Events is for the event itself, not the planning or question.  To the question itself; no, we don't go anymore... unless something *really* bad happened on Saturday.  Nothing for "on the fly" runs, though - which has happened twice before on Saturday's instead of Karazhan. }}
~Death is sweeter on the pommel's end
Greywarrior

Abric wrote:To the question itself; no, we don't go anymore... unless something *really* bad happened on Saturday. 
You mean like this Saturday is shaping up to be, with only 20 people signed up?
Esrythalon

Unread post by Esrythalon »

Mmmm, DST.....
Greywarrior

Heh, DST and shard of contempt would be awesome for kitty dps.
Regnanetah
Lost

Unread post by Regnanetah »

It's also a huge waste compared to giving a DST to a lot of classes.  You attack fast as shit already, and kitty attack speed does nothing but increase white damage.  While a bear it'd mean better rage gen, most tanks shouldn't have a rage gen problem on bosses, where we really need it., and would really hope ferals wouldn't roll on a DST untill after the rogues/hunters/retadins/fury warriors(since arm actually do get hurt by too much haste due to rotations)/enhance shamans...

Rogues - Attacking faster means more poison procs
fury warriors - attacking faster leads to more rage leads to more damage
Retribution paladins - their special attacks, seals, occur every time their white damage does, deal more white, deal more yellow at an exact same rate.
Enhancement Shaman - Faster hitting weapons,while still keeping high end damage range, so quicker procs of windfury after cooldowns over, while maintaining high damage range
Hunter - Faster shot rotations in between auto shot

Kitty druids - faster white damage.  no effect of specials, no faster energy regen, no faster rotations that have to go in between attacks just..faster white damage.
Prot warriors/bear druids - faster rage/threat gen at the cost of survivability

Arms warriors - Proc haste can totally screw up rotations, and even drop the attack speed below the level you need it at to keep rotations going
"Neither do I like jumping foot, because it encourages the habit of jumping, and a jumpy spirit.  However much you jump, there is no real justification for it; so jumping is bad."  [i]Go Rin No Sho[/i] (Book of Five Rings), Miyamato Musashi (1584-1645), translated by Victor Harris.
Zahak

Unread post by Zahak »

Regnanetah wrote: It's also a huge waste compared to giving a DST to a lot of classes.  You attack fast as shit already, and kitty attack speed does nothing but increase white damage.  While a bear it'd mean better rage gen, most tanks shouldn't have a rage gen problem on bosses, where we really need it., and would really hope ferals wouldn't roll on a DST untill after the rogues/hunters/retadins/fury warriors(since arm actually do get hurt by too much haste due to rotations)/enhance shamans...

Rogues - Attacking faster means more poison procs
fury warriors - attacking faster leads to more rage leads to more damage
Retribution paladins - their special attacks, seals, occur every time their white damage does, deal more white, deal more yellow at an exact same rate.
Enhancement Shaman - Faster hitting weapons,while still keeping high end damage range, so quicker procs of windfury after cooldowns over, while maintaining high damage range
Hunter - Faster shot rotations in between auto shot

Kitty druids - faster white damage.  no effect of specials, no faster energy regen, no faster rotations that have to go in between attacks just..faster white damage.
Prot warriors/bear druids - faster rage/threat gen at the cost of survivability

Arms warriors - Proc haste can totally screw up rotations, and even drop the attack speed below the level you need it at to keep rotations going
/signed
must have! ù.ú
Esrythalon

Unread post by Esrythalon »

I had actually been thinking of it for Jarn, not Coy.
Regnanetah
Lost

Unread post by Regnanetah »

Grey's the one that mentioned DST for kitty dps.
"Neither do I like jumping foot, because it encourages the habit of jumping, and a jumpy spirit.  However much you jump, there is no real justification for it; so jumping is bad."  [i]Go Rin No Sho[/i] (Book of Five Rings), Miyamato Musashi (1584-1645), translated by Victor Harris.
Muatah
Lost

Unread post by Muatah »

DST is best-in-slot for ANY physical DPS class(except maybe Ferals) until very late in the current game. Second half of BT/Sunwell anyway. Rogues/Enh Shamans/Rets/Hunters/DPS Warriors....you name it. In a perfect world we would farm Gruul every week until every person who needed it had one. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. The way people like to fiddle-fart around and /afk and /chat though it always takes far longer than that even on a good clean run, and we simply don't have time for it in our regular raid schedule. I'm quite certain it would make Abric delirous with joy if someone other than he or Reg were motivated enough to schedule it on some other day and actually follow through past the inevitable cancellations because not enough people showed up.
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/muatah2.png[/img]
"Only in the tales that humans tell do hunters kill the wolves in the end."
Kethryvaris

Unread post by Kethryvaris »

That's a good idea. Ya know what? Give me a day. I'll co-ordinate it if I have to. I know the fights, and I've been there before.