Ã¥ ALT+0229
Ã… ALT+143
Ã¥ ALT+134
Ä ALT+142
ä ALT+132
À ALT+0192
à ALT+133
Ã
[quote="Greebo"]/em hugs C'tok so he knows he always has a place on the raid team of my heart.[/quote]
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: Glyph Characters

Unread post by Syreenna »

Cristok wrote:
So annoying they are yes?
Yes.  Very.  I just ignore them and use the regular letter.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

if we could have used those i would have when i made my dk because the correct spelling of his name, which has a special character in it, wasn't allowed at the time
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Yichimet

Unread post by Yichimet »

It's still not allowed in the TOC, I thought?
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

Naw its all allowed now. Bunk.
[quote="Greebo"]/em hugs C'tok so he knows he always has a place on the raid team of my heart.[/quote]
Syreenna
Irredeemable

They should not be allowed in The Grim, but somehow they keep sneaking in.  >:(
gurthoira

Unread post by gurthoira »

Syreena wrote: They should not be allowed in The Grim, but somehow they keep sneaking in.   >:(
you the guild lead.. you could make a rule.(this comment paid for by the save our loot system fund.)
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Cristok wrote:
Naw its all allowed now. Bunk.
It wasn't allowed then it was made so the name creator didn't even allow them then it was changed to allowed because a bunch of people whined that their special flower DK Arthas with all the corresponding marks above the letters should be allowed cause they said so.
Abric
Lost

Unread post by Abric »

It is against the rules to have these in your name when you join the Grim.

Where that is written... or if it overlooked, who knows!  We aren't known for our paperwork - but for good reason.  Paperwork is for bitches... we're killers.

RAWR!
~Death is sweeter on the pommel's end
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

It was not allowed for the Grim until Wistería joined us, which was after Blizz supposedly made a blue post somewhere. Now we have Síonn so I hope its still allowed!
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Someone slipping through while I was camping does not mean it's allowed for further new people.
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

Can we sticky?
Sionn

Unread post by Sionn »

Cristok wrote:
It was not allowed for the Grim until Wistería joined us, which was after Blizz supposedly made a blue post somewhere. Now we have Síonn so I hope its still allowed!
Actually, the first exception to the no-special characters rule was Kovän.

While Kovan was filling out her application, she put in a ticket to the GMs to self-report her name for a naming violation. The GM informed her that it was not against the ToS to have a special character such as ä in her character's name, and sadly, the name could not be changed as it was a legal name. After showing proof to the then powers-that-be in the form of screenshots of a GM saying the name was not a violation, the special-character name was allowed into the guild.

That's why I figured it was fine to apply on Sìonn, as I recalled the specific event.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

The point is not that they are or are not allowed under the TOS. The point is that they are annoying as hell to try and type and remember. Very easy for you to remember how to type your own name. Less so to remember how to type someone else's.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Also remember, guild rules can be stricter than ToS.  For example, ToS does not forbid OOC in guild chat.  Our guild rules do.  So just because something is allowed by Blizzard does not mean it has to be permitted in guild.