Horde --> Alliance / Alliance --> Horde

Public Out of Character Board.
Acherontia
Lost

Horde --> Alliance / Alliance --> Horde

Unread post by Acherontia »

Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: Horde --> Alliance / Alliance --> Horde

Unread post by Canaie »

Wow!  That's just crazy.
gurthoira

Unread post by gurthoira »

lots and lots of spy will come of this. just you wait
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

That was my first thought, Gurth. Plus lots of Thrall'n'Jaina's children.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Muatah
Lost

Unread post by Muatah »

There is a certain amount of smusement to be had in the thought of the entire Grim switching to Alliance-side TN.

Not going to do it, but it's a slightly amusing thought nonetheless.
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/muatah2.png[/img]
"Only in the tales that humans tell do hunters kill the wolves in the end."
Malkaris

Unread post by Malkaris »

lol...it definitely would be kinda weird going alliance on this server again XD Malk started off as a warrior though, and there are no NE warlocks... (cool as that'd be :D).
Either way, this sounds like a cool feature ^_^

And I like the spy dynamic you guys mentioned of it. I really like the RP potential that might bring ^^
~Malkaris, The Antediluvian~
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

I've got a druid and a paladin all ready to stop sucking.  Bwahahaha!  Well, not really.  They're abandoned in mid-BC stuff, but I am sooo curious.
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

I simply dont believe it....this changes EVERYTHING!!!!1!!!
[quote="Greebo"]/em hugs C'tok so he knows he always has a place on the raid team of my heart.[/quote]
Kazthul
Lost

Unread post by Kazthul »

I think its dumb.  But then, I hate pinkskins.
Silly Rock no trick Kaz.
Caelum

Unread post by Caelum »

This can literally be a game breaking move on blizzards part because by allowing crossfaction hoppers your essentially destroying what little integrity is left in the game. Cross faction means being able to choose new racials and new racials means unique characteristics are now a thing of the past. Ninja looters will definitly abuse the system simply by grabbing a few toys and then moving to the other side of the fence in order to sucker some other guild in the same position. And honestly I'm almost to the point where my disgust with blizzard is stronger then my online addiction.

Then again I've been in this position many times within the last 6 months as blizzard turns WoW from an adventure game into a more expensive version of the Sims
Cristok
Lost

Unread post by Cristok »

bah! It'll cost money to do so it wont occur willy nilly.
[quote="Greebo"]/em hugs C'tok so he knows he always has a place on the raid team of my heart.[/quote]
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

prolly $10-$15 and only every 3 months or something. I guess this means allowing both sides on the same server though.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

pGreebo wrote: prolly $10-$15 and only every 3 months or something. I guess this means allowing both sides on the same server though.
Both sides on the same server would be serious, SERIOUS lame.  I wonder how they'd get around that.  If I wanted to be on a PvE server with side-switching debauchery, I'd have rolled on a PvE server with side-switching debauchery.  I don't mind converting my nelf into anything that's not a nelf, but the two-face game is a bleh one.
Last edited by Qabian on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khorshah
Lost

Unread post by Khorshah »

I predict the following:

-You still won't be able to have two characters of different factions on the same server.
-Players who think they're going to play a Horde Human or an Alliance Orc will be disappointed - I'm certain a race change (probably 'your choice from eligible races for that class') will be coming with the deal.
-They'll implement an in-faction race-swap feature as well, so that you can turn your Orc Shaman into a Troll or your Undead Warlock into a Blood Elf.
-We won't see this before the next expansion.

I could be wrong on any or all of those, but that's what I'm guessing we'll see.
Basic principle: Stay alive! When you die, your DPS is zero.
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

They did point out this is an extremely long way off.  Anyone remember siege engines on the original wow packaging, took 2 expansions to get!

And it will probably be more expensive than a traditional transfer and it won't  work as well on pvp servers cause you can't have two different factions on the same pvp server.

I don't see how you can compare wow to the Sims though.  I don't get to build crazy houses, lock Sims in rooms with no doors so their ghost haunts my other inhabitants nor do I get to watch my wow character try and cook and burn their house down around them either.