Re: Grim CC'd in an Instance!!!

Public Out of Character Board.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Grim CC'd in an Instance!!!

Unread post by Syreenna »

Who said nobody CC's anymore??

Take a kitty specced tank, a moonkin specced healer, a hunter who traps, another moonkin to make the puppies take a nap and root stuff, and a shadowpriest who umm...You could have mind-controlled!

Araun said SS or it didn't happen, so here.  See Mohan's trap?  It happened!  :P

Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I remember some CC in a Mana tombs instance. Abric was there on Bev I think, and Ach and me. Weren't you there too Syreena? We kept wiping over and over on that stupid room with all of the worshipers when the saps would break and the fears would drive people into the other packs and the stealth pats gouged the healer and ... damn that sucked.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Acherontia
Lost

Unread post by Acherontia »

Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Bwahaha!

I have fond memories on running BC heroics on Grey.  If your CC wasn't %100 prefect, you would die and probably wipe the group.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

I remember when I used to CC on my warlock.  I had this whole setup to Death Coil my CC target and reapply Seduce while he was flailing around.  People thought this was amazing.

There was also a period of time where you couldn't get further than Maiden in Kara if you didn't have a priest.  If you couldn't shackle one of those guys who uses Ice Tomb, then your raid wiped.

But that is all in the past!  Nobody uses CC anymore; hide this shameful thing before other guilds find out.
vbhh, m mkl, m k bni bng'vvvvc
AKA: Araun, the.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Seriously! We need to start AoEing down those red mobs that spawn in KT. *nodnod*
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Yichimet

Unread post by Yichimet »

The most disappointing thing about this expansion was that I got a friggin' CC and nowhere to use it.

MOHAN! GET ME PVP GEAR STAT! I hear survival and resto make a great control team.
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

angaroth wrote: I remember some CC in a Mana tombs instance. Abric was there on Bev I think, and Ach and me. Weren't you there too Syreena? We kept wiping over and over on that stupid room with all of the worshipers when the saps would break and the fears would drive people into the other packs and the stealth pats gouged the healer and ... damn that sucked.
I was the healer.  Bastards.
"While I stand, no Grim will fall"
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Maybe Abric was Abric? Who was the tank?

/threadderail.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Shadow Labyrinth.

I remember when we repeatedly hitting SL for the second boss, trying to get the tanking trinket for Krin.  Krin, Syreena, Grog, myself healing on Jarn and I think we kept rotating out a 5th because of how many times we'd done it.  That place was insane if you did not have skilled CCers.  In fact, we got so good at moving through there, that at one point I picked up a book and was healing without really needing to look at the screen.

I thankfully got that trinket for Coy on his first run, muahahah.
Malstrom
Lost

Unread post by Malstrom »

angaroth wrote: Maybe Abric was Abric? Who was the tank?

/threadderail.
Thought it was Bevial, Angaroth, Acherontia, Syreena and my corpse...
"While I stand, no Grim will fall"
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

Damn rogues!  ;D
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Mohan
Lost

Unread post by Mohan »

I actually miss the days when CCing was necessary in 5-mans.  As a hunter, it was challenging, especially to keep something chain trapped.  And it felt good when you pulled it off well.
Agrovale

Unread post by Agrovale »

* Coyotl wrote: Shadow Labyrinth.

I remember when we repeatedly hitting SL for the second boss, trying to get the tanking trinket for Krin.  Krin, Syreena, Grog, myself healing on Jarn and I think we kept rotating out a 5th because of how many times we'd done it.  That place was insane if you did not have skilled CCers.  In fact, we got so good at moving through there, that at one point I picked up a book and was healing without really needing to look at the screen.

I thankfully got that trinket for Coy on his first run, muahahah.
That damn trinket never friggin dropped for me.  Now I hate ogres because of that damn place.  And battles where turn on each other.  Although seeing Syreena die was a bonus.
[url=http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/index.php?mod=wowachievement][img]http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_achievements/d2756355cac224e795e55e3f76d977d3.jpg[/img][/url]
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Agrovale wrote: That damn trinket never friggin dropped for me.  Now I hate ogres because of that damn place.  And battles where turn on each other.  Although seeing Syreena die was a bonus.
That fight - and other fights where you get MC'd - are always hilarious on Nahr, because treeform really has no abilities the AI can use.  I used to watch myself wander back and forth, occasionally using Warstomp apparently out of frustration.  If anyone got close, I would flail at them with my twigs.
vbhh, m mkl, m k bni bng'vvvvc
AKA: Araun, the.