WotLK Reputations, Daily's, and You.

Public Out of Character Board.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Re: WotLK Reputations, Daily's, and You.

Unread post by Syreenna »

To make it rain? :P

Can you still use rewards you got from the first faction before you switched?
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

Yeah, I... didn't buy any of the rewards from the first faction before I switched.  I don't actually want anything from either of them but the gem cuts, which... yeah, you can use after, ehheh.  But I can pick up the Oracles' wand and probably test later this week if no one else has a definitive answer for you by then.

I'm guessing that the requirement on it is for "purchase", not for "use", but I can't say for sure.
Amaurn

Unread post by Amaurn »

Heh, did you at least get the flask when with the frenzies and now the egg with Oracles? Egg has a chance at a proto drake mount and pets and the flask has potions and can make a flask that turns you into a frenzy!
[img]http://members.cox.net/glomund/images/amaurn.png[/img]
Qabian

Unread post by Qabian »

The verdict is you can NOT in fact use the item if you're no longer the same faction.  I picked up the Exalted Oracles trinket and upon switching to Frenzyheart, I can't use it anymore.
Lorgalis

Unread post by Lorgalis »

Looking for a pattern of dailies that will be:

A - Fast ( minimize travel distances )
B- Easy ( Quicker they are done the better )
C- Offer the best cash rewards

I do quests in gane in a pattern to level becuase I know I can kill three birds with one stone here, turn in get 2 more there, and by the time I turn in my last I have two more done that were on the way back to the trurn in.

Maximizing time and effort.

You help here would be really appreciated.  I am 2k gold from epic flying and want to get this done quickly and efficently.

Thanks
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

You kinda have to pick which dailies you want to do.  I'm pretty sure there are more than 25 out there.   I just rotate them, based on which reputation I'm working on or which ones I feel like doing that day.

Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks has the shoulder enchants and does not have a tabard, so their dailies are important.  You start with three, after you do a questline in Storm Peaks, then more open up as you gain rep with them.  All the quests are done on either side of the main area, so they are very quick and efficient, pretty much no matter what order you do them.   Brunnhildar Village has a daily and is very close to the Hodir area.

The Ebon Hold dailies are also not too bad for efficiency.  There's three in one area that you get from the Shadow Vault, and then another three you can get at Death's Rise.  It's also not far from the tournament grounds where there are more dailies.  Ogrim's Hammer is nearby too, and they have dailies.

The Kalu'ak and Wyrmrest Accord dailies, each have three, are not very efficient.  They're spread out all over the place. 

Here's a useful list of all the dailies, where they are, and how much they pay:  http://www.wowwiki.com/Daily_quest
Last edited by Syreenna on Sun May 03, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Mortica

Unread post by Mortica »

If you do not care about faction rep, then do the Ogrim's Hammer quests and the others in the area.  I can pop out all 13 in less than an hour (if I'm paying attention and not reading TNG or watching tv, or...whatever else that distracts me from being efficient).  I'm not sure what the total money from these quests is, but usually I'm about $250 gold richer.

A.  If you are doing Jousting rep, grab those Dailies BEFORE doing the list below, since one of the quests is to kill 10 or so scourge, which you will easily do during all of that.
B,C You will have 12 daily quests left after doing the list below.  There are 3 possible quests at ShadowVault and 3 at Death's Rise.  I haven't done the Death's Rise ones since I got exalted with Ebon Hold because I found the time needed to do them wasn't always worth the reward (you get a RNG factor of looting the keys and since the RNG hates me, I end up taking 1/2 an hour or more of clearing every bloody scarlet on the island 2 or 3 times over before I get enough)
D. One of the Jousting rep quests is in this area, if you picked it up before hand, I'd do this after the "That's Abominable" and "The Solution Solution"
E. (not shown)  Brunnhildar Village has 1 daily that gives you a chance at the white bear mount.
F. (not shown)  Dun Niffelem has 6 quests for Hodir Rep (assuming you have high enough rep for all 6.  However, unless you are an inscriptionist, you should be getting this rep BEFORE worrying about just doing dailies for money ;) ))

When I'm just looking for cash and not trying to get rep for anything, I do these in roughly this order (numbers correspond roughly to the spots on the map):

0. Fly to Ogrim, pick up all non-group, non-pvp daily quests.
1. Fly down and pick up the two Vykrul assault quests.  Do Assault by Ground.  (will do the "by air" much later")  (1)
2. Finish off the kill 20 Vrykull quest from Ogrim, making your way to stop 3.  (2)
3. Do easiest daily ever: King of the Mountain.  It's a little goblin dude behind the last house in this area.  (3)
4. Drink the Diluted Cult Tonic that allows you to gather essence for "Retest Now", then do "Drag and Drop", One of my favorite dailies in the game. (4)
5. Fly over to this area and kill the warlocks and their pets for quests "Retest Now" and "Not a Bug".  Finish "Not a Bug", and don't leave the area till you have enough essence for "Retest Now".  If you were good and took the elixir at the drag and drop spot, you shouldn't have to kill that many extra cultists.  I usually forget and have to kill all 10 in this area.(5)
6. Finish "Retest Now" (6)
7. Fly down for "Keeping the Alliance Blind" (7)
8.  Fly up for the 2 bombing dailies, Total Ohmage: The Valley of Lost Hope and Riding the Wavelength: The Bombardment (8,9)
9. Fly back to where you pick up the "assault by air" and get into the aircraft.  When you drop off your last guy, leave the vehicle (you'll parachute down into Ymirheim). Go do "Slaves to Saronite" then turn in both Assault Quests. (10, 11)
10. Do "That's Abominable" and "The Solution Solution" (12,13)
11. Fly to Ogrim's Hammer. *profit*
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 03, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

This post by Vill should be stickied.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.