leveling experiences (spoilers ok)

Public Out of Character Board.
Greebo

leveling experiences (spoilers ok)

Unread post by Greebo »

So do any of you have favourite zones yet? Have you discovered an aesthetic progression you like even though the first four are open in any order? Have you earned your second artefact yet?

Tips, tricks, forget-ye-nots?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Riplie
Irredeemable

Re: leveling experiences (spoilers ok)

Unread post by Riplie »

Both artifacts, honestly all the zones are awesome.

My tips- don't do dungeons until you have the quests to go in, they give very little xp without the quests.

Visit your hall regularly, you have quests that unlock frequently.

And don't feel a need to hurry, there are so many hidden gems out there.
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

Are the quests for dungeons not inside?
Malebrignon
Lost

Unread post by Malebrignon »

Nope. Dungeon quests are obtained through quest-lines like in Cataclysm.

My favorite thing so far was stumbling across Cloud.

And I hate my class hall. Have I said that enough yet? Absolutely fracking hate it. Ugly draenei design full of ugly draenei. If I wanted to look at dipshit Velen every day, I'd mount his head on my workshop wall.

Honestly, I see a mirror-effect with Cataclysm so far, which is great for me. I loved Cata immensely. It's very funny listening to people who hated Cata gushing aboot how awesome Legion is because they seem awfully similar to me.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I love the hunter and rogue class halls... though the rogue wins for the secret passages.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Would love to be able to play, but here I am stuck in a beautiful foreign land full of amazing history.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Night Elves. Night Elves everywhere.

But—they do have a great story. I love Val'shara > Aszunda by a ton. The lore there is better, the quests are confined to a single spot before sending you off somewhere else, and they don't have 99 some odd mechanics.

The warlock quest chain is awesome. The dynamics to the revamped Destruction are interesting and deeper than ever before. I feel like I have to make hard choices with the Scepter of Sargeras. Right now, my Drain Life should keep me alive forever, but then, when I'm done playing games, I can just open a portal and blow people up with a massive Arcane Barrage. Destro feels like a supermage.
Honestly, I see a mirror-effect with Cataclysm so far, which is great for me. I loved Cata immensely. It's very funny listening to people who hated Cata gushing aboot how awesome Legion is because they seem awfully similar to me.
Fact is, the problem with Cataclysm is that you literally flew over the whole content going from Point A to Point B per quest. You had no class halls, and leveling was linear in that you could not choose your own campaign. You also had no world content due to the extreme reliance on queue-based gameplay (i.e. dungeons and BGs). You had rep grinds that you did by doing dungeons. I don't see any similarities between Cataclysm and now. Plus, since we're rooted on the ground, I'm finding WPVP intensely fun.
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

I have been loving the DK quest chain, but it didn't make much sense for me to fight my way into the undercity to rescue someone....
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Having hit 110, I absolutely loved the cinematic after entering Suramar.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

This may be oblivious to some, but druids can dreamwalk to their order hall and back to where they came from by using it again. Same goes for death knights.
Paxristos

Unread post by Paxristos »

Same with monks
Paxristos, Pepetlaca
Ishiner
Lost

Unread post by Ishiner »

What? If I use my death gate inside my order hall it will take me back to where I was? Mind blown.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Or close enough to where you were.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

As where it is a bit grinding, I'm liking suramar alot. Each quest feels like your advancing not just doing a mindless task. And being a big fan of blood elf lore, I like how they play off the withering of the Shal'Dore, fighting desperately to keep their sanity. I honestly spend more ancient mana on people in the streets than I should.