Targeting

Public Out of Character Board.
Yrzuli
Lost

Targeting

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Check out these two videos about a new targeting mechanism that Blizz brought us. It's pretty amazing.

I also notice in the first video, that it looks like tab-targeting has been fixed. It now properly cycles through mobs.

Target Enemy Scan and the follow-up.
Greebo

Re: Targeting

Unread post by Greebo »

Praise plastic baby jeebus.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Mmm.

I might have to switch to this. Tab-targeting has been acting in revolt against my will lately.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

So looking at the video I see that tab-targeting is, in fact, still only working in some strange non-Euclidean fashion.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Wow. This looks gamechanging ... and I mean that literally.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

The second video was amazing with the concept. Holding the key down, angle yourself as you wish, release to target and annihilate.

Seeing the normal tab-targeting in the first video, it made 100% sense to me. Starts with the closest and shifts on down the line until it reaches the end and comes back.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

I'll have to try it in person. I didn't like the surprise jump to the far targets.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Coyotl wrote:Seeing the normal tab-targeting in the first video, it made 100% sense to me. Starts with the closest and shifts on down the line until it reaches the end and comes back.
It made sense because the dummies were static. In a normal many-mobs fight they move around a little, or you do, resulting in tab targeting doing what is supposed to but not what you "expect".
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Good point. But prior to patch, I think tab-targeting was so jacked up that it would have skipped around the target dummies erratically (probably sticking with the ones in back, since TT to close mobs seemed impossible).
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

The revised tab targeting system is more efficient at spreading exactly one wave of Dots.

After that, it seems impossible to hit the target you're looking at except through clicking. The scan feature is pretty nice, so it's likely that I'll end up using both features.