Item level and Progression

Public Out of Character Board.
Swifthoof
Lost

Item level and Progression

Unread post by Swifthoof »

Just found a progression table of item levels. It looks like this will be the order you will need to do content

The Titanforged system can give you gear above the base ilevel in increments of 5 ilevels, each increment having the same chance as the previous increment yielding a "regular" exponential system.

Professions can craft (815-850) gear, as far as I can tell crafted gear cannot get a warforged/titanforged result.

1. World content and/or Normal Dungeons (805)
2. Heroic Dungeons (825)
3. Mythic(+) Dungeons (840) and/or LFR (835)
4. Normal Raids (850) and/or World Bosses (860)
5. Heroic Raids (865)

It looks like we will need to organize Heroic/Mythic dungeons, as without them, the gap between Heroic Dungeons and Normal raids will be a little large, unless you get really lucky with Titanforging. That is assuming we don't have LFR as an option. It seems that unlike previous expansions Heroic Dungeons will NOT be enough to gear up for raiding with a gap = 25 ilevels. Compared to the gap between normal and heroic raids = 15 ilevels.

Perhaps for a week or two before raiding starts we can group up for Dungeons on raid nights, so that we don't leave anyone behind?
Last edited by Swifthoof on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anaie
Lost

Re: Item level and Progression

Unread post by Anaie »

LFR usually opens first, and most will run it a few times to get some experience and gear. Mythic dungeons haven't been scheduled but it may be a good idea to have a few teams going early to bridge the gap. The problem is when we have odd numbers on the roster. Dungeons are clearly 5 man, so we will have to cycle folks or try to get 2 more if we end up with 13 people (as an example).

We will definitely take a look at it though.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Swifthoof
Lost

Unread post by Swifthoof »

I thought the first wing of LFR opened a week after normal in WoD?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/World- ... 68372.html

I seem to remember LFR NOT being a viable way of gearing up ahead of normal.

WoD got mixed up with Christmas and we postponed our real start of raiding until after the holidays.

This time we will not have that issue, but even if we wait a month or two, it is going to be difficult to completely gear up for raiding from LFR with limited wings open.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

You are correct on LFR. My bad! We will figure out something. Once we know more about potential raiders and such we can try to put something together.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.