Fishing

Public Out of Character Board.
Yrzuli
Lost

Fishing

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I don't know who all enjoys fishing. I do at times. It's something nice to stop and do, and pools tend to make me stop and fish. So while prepping my DH, I made sure to grab all the secondaries, including fishing.

Sidenote: Engineers, I recommend picking Val'sharah as your starting zone. You get sent there to learn some new schematics, so you might as well already be there.

So, while in Val'sharah I was running around and came across a pool. Since I was somewhat aimlessly running around at that moment, I stopped and fished the pool. First item that came up was a fishbone. It says to throw it away. Sure, why not? Oh... it's on the ground behind me. Ew... I cast again and notice there's a cat druid slowly creeping up on me. Yes, the cat druid was going for the fish bone. After said druid has his snack, he then cast on me a 2min fishing buff to catch "rare fish".

Now this is nice for people slacking on their fishing: With one of the rare fish, you toss it back into the water for 5 fishing skill.

And for those maxed out on skill? They're worth 10g each. Pretty freaking nice.
Yrzuli
Lost

Re: Fishing

Unread post by Yrzuli »

In Stormheim not only did I fish up a shark but also an engineering schematic!

Shark was a fun little fight. It popped at 110, while I'm still 104. It then dropped one of the fish to throw back for 5 skill.