First Impressions: Warlock

Public Out of Character Board.
Malkaris

First Impressions: Warlock

Unread post by Malkaris »

Yeah so... having gotten the chance to goof around on a warlock in Legion now, I have to say, Demonology is a hellovalotta fun! It doesn't feel clunky at all like it used to. I took more joy in throwing felpups with imps shooting fireballs at things than I really should have.

Affliction felt a little weird to me though with how UA works now (multiple casts increase it's damage), but otherwise, felt about the same, which isn't bad, just different. Soul Shard generation felt super slow on single targets though, which made me feel like I had to run around multidotting everything just to cast more UAs but I'm sure it's something that'll be addressed.

Haven't tried Destro, having too much fun with Demo :P.
Graysong
Lost

Re: First Impressions: Warlock

Unread post by Graysong »

I really love the skull cannon.

Summon as many demons as possible and then fire the cannon.

I've effectively one shot targets with it if timed right.

(not so easy to do in PvP sadly)
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

the kids on mmo-champ say Demo is horribly undertuned, affy is still rng-dominated, and destro is functional but boring.

thoughts?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Graysong
Lost

Not aware of tuning issues -- haven't played it at max yet.

Just leveling shenanigans.

As far as fun goes the most fun for me has been demo from a playstyle perspective.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Yeah. That seems to be the consensus. Super fun and cute but wet-noodle damage. There haven't been any demo tuning passes in several builds either. Perhaps their 6.2 nerf-them-to-the-ground-so-people-won't-notice-we-stole-all-their-good-stuff-for-demon-hunters plan is still in place.

God I miss Xelnath.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Another beta build, another massive influx of warlock tuning:

- Seed of Corruption now only affects a maximum of 5 targets
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
Graysong
Lost

Hm.

Not sure how SoC impacting more than 5 targets is overpowered.

Oh well.

I'm used to Blizzard not quite knowing how to handle Warlocks.
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Every time I read about Warlocks, I feel like I'm getting an update on a train wreck. I know people like to throw around "lul, tuning is going to happen." But, still, I just sit there and watch this guy take his abilities off of his action bars on a Demon Hunter and have a warlock flop around helplessly.

Demo looks okay. I don't know what it's strength is if it's not control based (MoP style) or one-shot based (WoD style). Destruction is boring (in WoD, I've seen no tests of it in Legion). You can literally play better by sacrificing your pet and losing abilities (shouldn't be that way imo). Aff, um, it's a three-button rotation and Unstable Affliction costs Soul Shards? What? Does Blizzard know healers can dispel that?

I just wish I preemptively knew what would be good for the next expansion, might have to reroll shaman altogether to avoid being useless garbage.

I'm going to miss WoD PvP.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I'm enjoying my warlock suddenly... though I want to do Demo but without the 4 pc and class trinket it is not as good.

Currently doing destro, as it is overall steady damage. Not stellar, not the worst, but consistent. Affliction relies heavily on the artifact from what I've heard.

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.