Recording Software

Public Out of Character Board.
Ulrezaj

Recording Software

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

Canai uses a program that comes pre-downloaded on his computer called Shadowplay from GeForce Experience for recording games. The software is light on bandwidth and high on quality while costing nothing to those with the prerequisites met. If you have a recent NVIDIA (within the previous two years), you might actually have it.

I investigated the program and read about it, making sure I had the specs. You need to have a GTX 600 series or higher. My composition seems to almost match:
GT 635.jpg
GT 635.jpg (109.42 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Notice how my comp uses a GT635. The program is rejected because of it needing a GTX600+ program. I would really like to know how to meet this one requirement so that I can use the service. Anyone tech savvy out there know if there is a way to improve this without purchasing a new computer or violating NVIDIA terms of service?

Aside form that, I might investigate one other avenue with OBS unless someone has a better recommendation.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: Recording Software

Unread post by Canaie »

You can still try running it if it lets you, but it might not work well due to the older gpu.
Duskheron

Re: Recording Software

Unread post by Duskheron »

For PCs,I use FFSplit for screen recordings. I'm not sure if it causes lag on WoW or not though, but it's free and pretty easy to setup, so you might give it a try. http://www.ffsplit.com/
WRA Grim: Duskheron