Changing Class for Legion

Public Out of Character Board.
Awatu

Changing Class for Legion

Unread post by Awatu »

Not a lot of love in this forum! I guess because most info is easily accessed on MMO Champ.

Anyway, this is a small speculative thread asking who may be changing classes for Legion. Demon Hunter or otherwise. Maybe you need more info, maybe you're torn. Even an altoholic has a favorite class they prefer.

So, who will be doing what?
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: Changing Class for Legion

Unread post by Canaie »

A little too early to say, especially since I don't have beta yet.

Also! Something something nine resources!
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

I'm glad you brought this up, because I was just talking to someone last night about how this will be handled for Grim- especially new applicants.

Example: Someone wants to join The Grim on a character NOW, but intends to make them a Demon Hunter later. We're too far away from Legion for them to reasonably wait to apply. So the current thought was for them to join as a Death Knight now, and then reroll Demon Hunter for Legion. Will this be allowed in the Inqusition process?
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

Unless they are considered awful at the start of Legion, I'll probably be switching to shaman. The character is made, but I won't be moving her into the Grim until the every-expansion-cleansing-of-the-grim-alts.

I'll be resurrecting Villayna as my demon hunter, but she'll most likely be unaffiliated. It will require minor retroactive changes to her backstory during WotLK, but she fell off the face of Azeroth half-way through anyway (deleted/name change), it shouldn't be too much of a hack.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

With regards to the Inquisition process:

For previous expansions, we have waited until the in-game class was actually playable before admitting the new characters. This falls in line with our policy of admitting only standard playable races / classes. Further reasoning for this is that it is largely unfair to existing members to work with incomplete information - we do not know all of the lore details of the demon hunter class, certainly not without asking members to engage in spoilers from alpha / beta. If an applicant presents themselves prior to Legion as a demon hunter, they may also be assuming contradictory lore that will cause significant disruption to other members' suspension of disbelief. We as a guild are obviously confronted with RP trolls and questionable roleplay from non-Grim, but we have decided that it is important to maintain some degree of internal consistency. Also, it will be fun to see how the Grim as a whole approach these new characters.

From a gameplay standpoint, I would find it absurd for a character to be throwing around death coil and death and decay and ask us to perceive them as <insert whatever demon hunter ability>.

For these reasons, I am against admitting a character claiming to be a demon hunter prior to the release of Legion.

Now, if a player, be they aspirant, supplicant, or member, wishes to class change to a demon hunter during Legion or beyond, I would not have a problem with this (assuming it jives with lore. From what I understand, the hero class starts at a higher level to reflect having trained for hundreds of years, but that may not preclude 'new' hunters).

I hope this makes sense.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Khorvis wrote:
Now, if a player, be they aspirant, supplicant, or member, wishes to class change to a demon hunter during Legion or beyond, I would not have a problem with this (assuming it jives with lore. From what I understand, the hero class starts at a higher level to reflect having trained for hundreds of years, but that may not preclude 'new' hunters).

I hope this makes sense.

Yes, this is the situation I was describing. Thank you!
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

There's a strong likelihood that Anaie and I will both be changing characters. I'm considering I have houndeding my Blizz acquaintance because I'd really like to get my hands on a beta key sometime soon -- this is the first time I haven't been in beta outside of BC and it's driving me crazy. But I'd like to check out tanking gameplay for myself, to decide where I'll be headed. I know he's itching for a demon hunter as well, but also willing to switch to his paladin if we decide to both tank and I pick DH.

So, totally in the air for us ATM.

Edit: >_> Ron says I have no shame for pestering our friend. But he'll change his tune if Overwatch toggles on his account. HA.
Last edited by Yrzuli on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

What she said!

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

Beta hasn't started yet. I know, not helpful :)
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Yeah, I don't believe that. Blizz themselves keeps wavering between calling it beta and alpha. :D

But seriously, he said next wave we're in.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Sharing is caring, Coy!
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

I will share my words of wisdom once my account is activated. :D
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

I'll definitely be making a demon hunter, just as I made a death knight for WotLK. Probably won't become my main, but Erek is very nearly on par with Khar in my mind, so we'll have to see what happens.

/haven't gotten into any pre-anything since BC
//need, and plan, to play more whenever possible
///slashes come in threes
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

I will be doing this:

Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Greebo gonna Greebo.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.