Mice

Public Out of Character Board.
Khorvis

Mice

Unread post by Khorvis »

My mouse is on its last leg and it is time to invest in a new one. Some background:

From Cataclysm through Throne of Thunder, I used a Logitech G9. The weight and solid build of that mouse were really enjoyable, but I wanted more control over my cooldowns and thus required more buttons. I have been using a Razer Naga since then, and while the extra 12 thumb buttons were amazing, I was always disappointed with the flimsiness of the mouse - it feels like cheap plastic and is a little small in my hand. It turns out that Nagas are rather poorly made, and mine has acquired what is apparently a common issue - unavoidable double clicks due to component wear.

I am now debating between two new mice: the Logitech G600 or the Corsair Scimitar.

Both have the 12 thumb buttons that I need, but the Scimitar's are mechanical switches while the G600's are rubber dome (that is what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong). In favor of the G600 would be the software - I already use a Logitech game pad for my rotational keybinds, so I would not need to run a second program to support the extra buttons. The Scimitar would require extra software. The ring finger G-shift button on the G600 may also give me problems at first, though if I got used to it, it would open up 12 new button slots. Lastly, the Scimitar looks schnazzier, a minor point.

Does anyone have experience with either of these mice?
Aderlee
Lost

Re: Mice

Unread post by Aderlee »

I have a G600 and I'm super happy with it. The buttons on the side are angled all differently so after some getting used to, my thumb knows exactly which button is which without getting confused. The third mouse button on the ring finger threw me off because of how gigantic it makes the mouse, so I use it for voice com's. I definitely will vouch for it, but you might need a large mouse area to accommodate it. Also you can save profiles to the on board memory or your computer, but using the in board memory can lag so make sure you store everything on your computer, it's an option with the software.

It's very comfortable, has good feedback, and I don't think I can go back to a regular mouse again. All the extra buttons and features I feel is making me more responsive, successful and competitive. And Gshift is a lifesaver for switching quickly to get to different abilities, just takes some practice.
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

I tried a 12-button mouse and just couldn't do it. The amount you have to shift your thumb and the difficulty of not hitting the wrong button just didn't work for me. And training my ring finger to do anything would just be far too long and difficult an investment. I can't even play Guitar Hero! Anyway, no helpful feedback on those mice, just blathering about mice in general. :D

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

I bought a Razer Naga recently and am thoroughly disappointed with how I have to rebind F1-F12 to the mouse. Losing keybinds sucks, but I'm otherwise happy with it.

However, after I bought it, I realized I would rather have a Logitech G600. I have read all kinds of really great reviews for it and I think it doesn't require binding essential keys.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Ulrezaj

Unread post by Ulrezaj »

^ Dat one
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

/sorry guyz, no raiding tonight, I need to tickle my mouses little nose and huge ears
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Valindria
Lost

Unread post by Valindria »

Just now seeing this. My unhelpful advice: trackball or GTFO. =P
Keeper of the Vault, pseudo CFO
[Now shut up and give me your money! =P]
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

I got the G600. Seems good so far.
Kailei

Unread post by Kailei »

the G600 is what i have now too... my naga's plastic clicker component broke and i didn't want to take it apart to fix it... soooo now have logitech keyboard AND mouse LOL
-First and foremost, is always, for the Horde.