Public Out of Character Board.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Class Preview - Rogue

Unread post by Canaie »

Khorvis

Re: Class Preview - Rogue

Unread post by Khorvis »

Outlaw looks sweet! Finally a proper theme for Sethinus. Mmm, pistol shot...
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Assassination and Outlaw both look awesome.

I'm still feeling meh about Sub, as always.
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

I think I'm salivating a little bit. Poisons, or in your face toe to toe?!? Oh NO... How will one choose?!?!?

Thanks for posting these Canai.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Or a pistol shot to the face. I was kind of hoping for a ranged rogue spec, though I guess Outlaw is kind of close.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

I think it'll depend how much damage Pistol Shot actually does. If it's decent, like Shuriken Toss, or if it's on par with Throw, which can barely kill a critter.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Pistol Shit says "moderate", which is what Saber Slash says as well (which appears to be the combo builder?). Plus, SS can trigger Pistol Shot, so I'm guessing it should do decent damage. Honestly it looks like it could be a good high-mobility spec. Target dances out of range? Pistol Shot!
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Plot twist, they're bringing back ammo, reloading requires out-of-combat, going out-of-combat drops all combo points, and pistols only have 6 shots.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Malkaris

Unread post by Malkaris »

.... *somewhere, a Sarah Mclachlan song starts playing* .... No... It can't be! *shakes the rogue class* You were supposed to be the chosen one!
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

And this shall be known as... the age in which Rogues aren't stupidly overpowered in PvP!

...for now!
Malkaris

the age in which Rogues aren't stupidly overpowered in PvP!
Malk's Rogue, Varrus, looks behind himself at his past achievements... namely the long string of losses in the Highmaul Coliseum against druids, paladins, and Death Knights (suppose one could add Disc priests, but anyone who plays a Disc priest in pvp isn't a person, and hates 'merica *said while hiding his own priest*). A single tear drops from his eye. "One day", he thinks to himself.

I will say though! I'm incredibly excited about the grappling hook I think Pirate (...blame Syreena) is getting. I'm amused by simple things, don't judge >_>.
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

Malkaris wrote: against druids, paladins, and Death Knights
Well yeah, fuck Druids and Death Knights. Paladins are just glass cannons.
Malkaris

They are! They're just super annoying to (bad, so me) Rogues since they can mess up an opener just by bubbling T_T. *shakes fist*. But yes, yes to your sentiment. Fuck druids and Death Knights *lip tremble*.
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »

I went through all the rogue abilities I use (or would use if I had a Sub rogue) and compared them to the new abilities to see just how much we're gaining/losing. I don't guarantee this is all accurate, as different pages on WoWhead sometimes had conflicting information!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

All rogues lose Burst of Speed, Crimson Tempest, Shroud, a ranged finisher (Deadly Throw), Tricks of the Trade, and Preparation.

Recuperate is gone, and replaced by Crimson Vial which heals 30% of max health over 6 seconds on a 30 second cooldown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASSASSINATION

Assassination rogues now have the monopoly on poison and bleed effects in the rogue world.

They have forgotten: Ambush, Blind, Gouge, Smoke Bomb

They are the only ones to get Shadowstep. Shiv is now a high level PVP talent and puts a debuff on the target causing a 3 second cooldown on any spell or ability they use. Garrote is now usable outside of stealth (though the silence effect is only applied if from stealth), and awards one combo point. Kingsbane is a very large nature damage attack from the artifact weapons.

Hemorrhage is available as a talent to Assassination rogues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMBAT/OUTLAW

Combat rogues suddenly become pirates. *sigh* They also mysteriously have forgotten how to apply ALL poisons to their weapons or to cause their opponents to bleed. Slice and Dice is now a Talent on the same tier as Marked for Death and Death from Above. Killing Spree is also now a talent.

Combat rogues also lose, in addition to all poisons: Cheap Shot, Garrote, Sap (though they keep Blind and that works from stealth), Revealing Strike, Smoke Bomb, and Shiv.

Saber Slash replaces Sinister Strike
Pistol Shot replaces Shuriken Toss/Throw and also has a slowing effect
Run Through replaces Eviscerate
Between the Eyes replaces Kidney Shot and also damages as well as stuns
Riposte kinda replaces Evasion

Blurred Time, an artifact trait, causes cooldowns to recover 200% faster while Adrenaline Rush is active.
Bribe - Bribe a non-player humanoid to fight for you for 5 minutes. (30 minute cooldown)
Track treasure on the mini-map.
Roll the Bones - Finisher with a random combat enhancement effect.
Curse of the Dreadblades - Artifact trait - Cause your Saber Slash to fill your combo points and Lose 5% of your current health when you use a finishing move for the next 12 secs. 1.5 min cooldown.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUBTLETY

Subtlety rogues use a lot of shadow damage now.

They have forgotten all poisons and bleeds, along with Hemorrhage, Ambush, Garrote, Slice and Dice, Blind, Gouge.

Gloomblade (a talent) can replace Backstab and do shadow damage.
Shadowstrike is a 25 yard teleport and lots of damage from stealth.
Smoke Bomb is a high level PVP talent.
Premeditation is a talent.
Honor Among Thieves is now a mid-level PVP talent.
Rupture is replaced by Nightblade (DoT)
Fan of Knives is replaced by Shuriken Storm
Goremaw's Bite - Artifact trait - Do lots of Shadow damage and reduce movement speed. Grants 30 energy over 6 seconds. 1 minute cooldown.
Alts: Lirsha Deathwhistle & Ayidda
Aderlee
Lost

Unread post by Aderlee »

I actually really like these changes. Instead of getting 3 rogue specs that are 85% common, you actually have to make significant choices to how you're going to play.