Epic PvP for ponies. (thank you)

Public Out of Character Board.
Drinn

Epic PvP for ponies. (thank you)

Unread post by Drinn »

The night of August 10, 2015, will definitely be one of those moments in WoW on Nether-Holdt (U.S.). I wanted to thank all of you that were there at the Black Market Auction House and who helped me get my ‘Invincible Reins’ not just for the mount, but also for an amazing experience! I haven’t had the privilege of participating in pivotal World PvP like that that since Halaa was first released. I dug my heels in to camp that AH at 5pm ST and got so much more than a dead horse!

The support provided and the raw force shown left me in awe. Whether I knew them personally or not, the people in the raid were throwing me gold to outbid Derksmash — an evil alliance Deathknight — in between slamming their bodies into the opposition! Because of this experience I remember how awesome it is to be Horde, and to be a part of an amazing community like Nether-Holdt.

When the auction-timer hit ‘medium’ an intense bidding war with Derksmash began. After the auction hit ‘short,’ Alliance started to show up and camp the auctioneer, effectively quelling my dreams of having the majestic undead pony.

I’d like to give special thanks to my ever-faithful partner-in-crime, Nathandiel [The Grim], who kept me company while I whiled away the minutes at the AH. I’d also like to give a shout-out to Orphyn [The Grim] who was the first to respond to my call for help. He was followed by Greebo [The Grim], who without which, summoning everyone else would not have been so easy. Julilee [Sanctuary] went through the opposition like a wrecking ball. More people were hailed through GrimOOC and Eclipse, resulting in a decent-sized raid.

They wiped us. We wiped them. And the dance continued with the DK and I tossed bids back-and-forth between resurrection timers while our force wiped the opposition and the opposition wiped up — an ongoing dance of total wipeage. Derksmash outbid me and then, monetarily, I was finished. But that’s when countless trade windows opened up and the generosity of my fellow Hordies flowed through to the rescue — along with their gold. Some of these people I’ve known for my entire WoW career, like Cerryan [Sanctuary], and some people I had never even spoken with! Everyone gave their time, skill and money to help me and beat the alliance!

I was dazzled by the display of support and generosity. On the event, Fhenrir said, “They got lost in the moment with you”. Another supportive Hordie said, “It’s the principle of the thing. This is for the Horde!”

In the end, when August 10th had become August 11th, The Horde controlled the auction house, I got the Mount, and Derksmash had only succeeded in killing enough blood elves for his coliseum quest.

Zug, zug bitches. It’s good to be Horde.

tl;dr – PvP happened. The Nether-Holdt community is fucking amazing. Drinn got a pony and owes half the server gold.

NOTE: If you gave Drinn [The Grim] gold last night, send her in an in-game mail with the amount and she will get it back to you!
Leyujin
Lost

Re: Epic PvP for ponies. (thank you)

Unread post by Leyujin »

YES! CRUSH THE ALLIANCE FOR PONIES, MY HORDELINGS! FOR PONIES!

Sorry I missed this spontaneity. Must have been one of those world PvP snowballs that turns into an avalanche.
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

I was happy to be a part of this. And fiercely proud of the RP community and how quickly we banded together. Very excited that we won and you got your mount, Drinn. :)

I still want to see the group shot!
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

As do I!

I have pictures to draw!!
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Sounds like fun. What was the final pony cost? Also, what about the BMAH guards?
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

689k and some change. The guards weren't much of an issue. You would get groups of ogres but they were easy and useful to drag on top of them.
Kerala

Unread post by Kerala »

So much fun!
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

684k of that was from me.
glad you got the ponies.
that is a fricking sick amount of money. you are going to be mailbox dancing until the expansion after Legion to pay that shit off.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Tenrilaux

Unread post by Tenrilaux »

Greebo has always been one of the most reliable of folks when it comes to a "I need help NOW" kind of call. Kudos to everyone who helped out. Makes me slightly nostalgic!
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Unless I'm, you know, 'busy'.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Drinn

Unread post by Drinn »

466k was mine, and here I thought I was a baller. I was dead wrong. Drinn's going to have to start hooking.

Money and mounts aside - the response, the jeering and the overall support was nothing less than awing. I love you guys. <sniffle>
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Drinn is (was) the %1!
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

I'll have the screenshots when I get home!

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Filora

Unread post by Filora »

18:41:20 [Lilliana-TwistingNether]: I don't know how to play the game, just rp.
21:31:21 [Ulrezaj-TwistingNether]: What are we without the bw?
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Excellent!