New Expansion Announcement 8/6

Public Out of Character Board.
Yrzuli
Lost

Re: New Expansion Announcement 8/6

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Ooo. Finally some druid love!

Fangs of the First Nightsaber - Feral and Guardian druids customize the look of their form rather than a weapon. Spectral, Armored, and other variants will be available. Base cat form also getting an updated model.

GHOST COYOTL WILL BE HAPPENING!
(Assuming this will be somewhat easy for alts to attain.)
Leyujin
Lost

Unread post by Leyujin »

Honor System
Gear playing such a huge factor in PvP isn't great.
PvP talent system will help to balance PvP independently from PvE. Abilities only work in PvP.
You unlock more and more, giving you more options as you PvP more.
Abolish Magic - Dispel all magic every 2 sec for 6 sec. Replaces Dispel Magic. 20 sec cooldown.
Blood and Soil - Shaman talent take reduces Bloodlust cooldown, only works for you when cast.
Mind Quickness - add 15% haste
Necrotic Strike - Absorbs heals on the enemy target.
Prestige Ranks - You can reset your honor level and do it again for cosmetic rewards. This is extra rewards for players that do a lot of PvP.
You can earn a badge for your unit frame that shows your rank, special mounts, and PvP Artifact variants.
Cautiously approving, prepared to be VERY DISAPPOINT. Blizzard has never shown themselves to improve PvP except by accident (making Tanaan and Tol Barad questing zones).
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

I thought Winterspring was good. Their #1 problem seems to be queue times - if the mercenary thing works, that might be the trick.

50 talents is too many though, it will be hard to balance unless 45 of them are things like:
You get 1% more haste
You get 1% more crit
like they did with the levelling bonii in WoD.

Also, Warlocks get a whole world, shaman get a cave. Suck it, Thrall.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Greebo wrote: 50 talents is too many though, it will be hard to balance unless 45 of them are things like:
Image shows 36 talents. The first looks like it is the PVP medallion, so they might not be all traditional talents. The image shown is for shaman, and tier three is a choice between three totems. It's possible that the honor tree is fixed for a class, not by spec.
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

I think this looks pretty awesome! I'm excited for it!

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.
Riplie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Riplie »

Really want to hate it, but demon hunter and the fact they look like they are going back. It gets a chance but i am keeping a close eye.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Coyotl wrote:
Greebo wrote: 50 talents is too many though, it will be hard to balance unless 45 of them are things like:
Image shows 36 talents. The first looks like it is the PVP medallion, so they might not be all traditional talents. The image shown is for shaman, and tier three is a choice between three totems. It's possible that the honor tree is fixed for a class, not by spec.
Yeah - 50 levels, 36 talents? Not clear.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

So, whoever combined the threads.... now the factual information is buried deep under leak rumors.

Which is why I started a second thread... :(
Awatu

Unread post by Awatu »

I have undone what has been done to the threads.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

Thank you, Awatu. :)