For all you fancy pants ale drinkers out there...

Public Out of Character Board.
Neevah

For all you fancy pants ale drinkers out there...

Unread post by Neevah »

So I picked up a bottle of Delirium Deliria Belgian strong pale ale on a whim, but I realized I don't know if I should chill it or serve it room temperature or what. I know there's several of you who enjoy some stuff I've never even heard of, so any advice or suggestions of what to try would be appreciated. I can't stand traditional beers but reading the description of this ale piqued my interest enough to try it out.
Canaie
Irredeemable

Re: For all you fancy pants ale drinkers out there...

Unread post by Canaie »

Haven't tried it but it's supposed to be good. I would chill it before opening.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

I like them chilled as well as room temp. You can drink the same thing and find different flavours depending on which you try. Delirium is great stuff.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Akorharil
Lost

Unread post by Akorharil »

All beer tastes like horse piss. Do you like your horse piss cool, or at room temperature?
Riplie
Irredeemable

Re: RE: Re: For all you fancy pants ale drinkers out there...

Unread post by Riplie »

Akorharil wrote:All beer tastes like horse piss. Do you like your horse piss cool, or at room temperature?
So, I've been around horses for 15 years, still never have tasted horse piss. What went wrong in your life that you've drank horse piss?
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Note that most of the places that historically brewed beer had shit-for-insulation. Room temperature can be assumed to be 50°f easy. I'd say fridge and maybe ten minutes on the counter?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Akorharil wrote:All beer tastes like horse piss.
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

I ended up letting it sit out for about 10 minutes out of the fridge, and it was surprisingly tasty. Not too strong of a bitter taste, but it wasn't sweet either. This might become a regular little treat for me.