5.4 PTR

Public Out of Character Board.
Greebo

5.4 PTR

Unread post by Greebo »

The mining of changes has begun.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/327 ... uild-17056

Ozuk Garrosh wants you to break yourself against his body.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Riplie
Irredeemable

Re: 5.4 PTR

Unread post by Riplie »

Virtual Realms are coming, which will essentially merge realms. This will allow you to keep playing on your current realm, but trade with and do arenas, raids, and dungeons with people in your realm group, as well as use a merged Auction House.
Who didnt see this coming? the 50% off wasn't the slightest bit of a give away! (Also to the Grim who left us, most of you still are in the same battle group, so welcome back =p )
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

Looks like that takes care of just about everything except the actual problems we're seeing on TN right now. "Hey, you guys can do arenas and raids and dungeons with people on other realms, who cares about world PvP or getting new guild members or RP?"
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Faeriel

Unread post by Faeriel »

Actually, I think it does address those problems. The official announcement specifically says that "Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm." Which means we're going to see all of these players as though we're all on the same server.

Plus, they also say that "Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds" so, yeah.

Now, whether this actually works and makes it to Live...
Canaie
Irredeemable

Unread post by Canaie »

Any word on how they're going to be choosing which realms to fuse?
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

I really want to know more about the joining of guilds. If we can have guild members on multiple servers that can share our guild chat, calender, vault and perks without having to transfer, then my mind is blown.
Yrzuli
Lost

Unread post by Yrzuli »

New Feature: Virtual Realms
- Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
- Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.
Maybe it does solve it, after all.
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

Faeriel wrote:The official announcement specifically says that "Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm."
In that case, yay! I guess it's MMO-Champion that doesn't think the RP/guild stuff is important enough to include in their notes. Pfft!
Yemana sees someone standing in front of a flag and be like RAWR MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

Most of the other stuff does not impress me. You already can group and queue with people cross realm, that isn't new. The auction house thing could be intersting but doesn't solve OUR problems. But the guild thing could be key. I just wonder what happens if several guild names are used on different servers. What if The Grim already exists on lightning hoof, for instance? What if someone from lightning hoof wanted to join The Grim on TN?
Yemana
Lost

Unread post by Yemana »

Aureliya wrote:What if The Grim already exists on lightning hoof, for instance?
It's getting ready to. And all the other RP-PvP realms. Just in case.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Aquizit
Lost

Unread post by Aquizit »

EVERY REALM
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

Aquizit wrote:EVERY REALM
Attachments
grimrealms.jpg
grimrealms.jpg (108.58 KiB) Viewed 6488 times
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Allison

Unread post by Allison »

Niiiiiice.... It also means I can roll alts on other servers and put them in the guild, since, uh, I've maxed out my characters here.

Also! Proving grounds sound shiny.