World of Darkness MMO

Public Out of Character Board.
Brass

Re: World of Darkness MMO

Unread post by Brass »

Checking that out now. The downside I can see thusfar is they only have plugin stuff for new world of darkness (nWOD). For old world (oWOD), it's possible we'd have to make that ourselves. The two versions are pretty different on several things. Not sure how difficult it'd be to make that - but I'm not beyond poking at it until it breaks.

Don't know any java though. Hmm. My brother, however, does.

What is google hangout?
" WARNING : Protection Tank will be Defensive. "
Guduk

Unread post by Guduk »

When I get back from excersice (yes I have snagged some online time in the field) I have a few people I can talk to about forum sites and online game sites if people want to get into post play WoD (post play being you start a forum post and rotate making a post declaring your actions and adding your own little visual perspective to the game, it can be very fun)

I`ll catch up with you guys when I get home to see what you have talked about.
Tekk

Unread post by Tekk »

Count me in for where ever, how ever, and what ever we do with this. I am so excited to finally get a masquerade up and going. I also think that a forum RP would work, however, that makes it hard to be turn based. I think maybe an RP chat room, would work better. I don't have any problems with RPing in mumble as well, but it is hard to describe what your character is doing, actions they take ect. I think a chat room could work out better. Its instant, and you could have that website pulled up on the side so we could see that stuff. Maybe a feature implemented to incorporate rolling the dice, so we can see each others rolls, everything on the table legit ya know? It seems complicated to set up and get started but i think we can do it! ^_^
Aureilya
Lost

Unread post by Aureilya »

You know, if we really wanted to, we COULD just play over on city of angels. I played Nika there from 2006-2008. They use a chatroom that has it's own dice roller that publically posts the rolls. No set up needed. The only downside is they have their own established game, rules and STs. The upside is they have other active games going for werewolf, Mage, wraith, changeling and mortals. At the very least, anyone who is interested could play it on the side, separate from Brass's mumble campaign. I'll be resubmitted Nika there as she's currently on inactive status.

Www.wodcityofangels.com
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

I can set up a separate/private chat tab on TNG if you want. There are also the groups over there that people in the past have used for setting up such things, although I don't really see them being much use for what you want to do. The chat has a history log that sticks around until I clear it out. Right now I only clear the public chat when someone's been drumming up drama or forgetting that it's public and doing the 12 year old potty mouth thing.

I'm pretty sure I can add a /roll function, but I need to check into that to make sure it is an option.
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Brass

Unread post by Brass »

Hmm. That might be an idea, Aur. If they already have a setup that would save us tons of time on getting things going. Also, I'd kinda like to play more than just be ST. I don't mind ST-ing, but it's not the same.

The only downside is that I have no clue what those people running it might be like. Some people can be real dickbags and we have a handful of peeps like Bart who've never really played something like this.

The chronicle design I've worked on (so far) ramps up from feet-wet-in-fresh-blood to some hard decisions about political alliances. It's not hand holding, but it's definitely not a sabbat initiation. Characters can feel so big and bad (kind of want to encourage them at the start to feel that way), but no matter how big and bad you get, no matter how many powers or centuries you've been alive, there's something out there you're powerless to fight (but not to flee!). There's always a bigger fish. My chronicle teaches that lesson at the right time. Don't want this to turn into Xavier's school for gifted children... it'd be more like a half-way house for the damned. Everyone's got motives that you might be useful to. There is no real altruism in the World of Darkness.

I'll check it out, though - I like the idea of a public built in d10 roller. It makes things go so much quicker and smoother - it's one of the things I liked about that Map program thingy I've been poking at. I just wish I could set up 'saved' algebra list for checks that happen a lot, with a quick swap dropdown. Damn I wish I could code java!

UPDATE:

Oh boy, it's in LA. That'd definitely be a rough game. The so-called 'Anarch Free State' that's getting rocks thrown at it by the Camarilla and Sabbat. LA is a warzone, and I wonder how much they're going to stick with canon. Demon territory. If I were a Kindred, I'd think twice about being there. lol. Maybe it'd be safer in New York or Mexico City? /sarcasm

Interesting note, there is a very famous former 'Angel' who's been living there for a long, long time. Also, don't open the sarcophagus.

Don't do it. Do not open the sarcophagus.

I'll probably look around on there and see how they do things, but I'm leaning against getting involved there. There's waaaay too much going on in LA that'd flyswatter some neonates fast. Don't want to get peeps demoralized at the start.

UPDATED UPDATE:

WoD Admin Tool is freaking awesome!
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

I need to dig through some of the old-ish site software. I know Emmons used to do some tabletop pretty successfully over Mumble and some standard tools.

Sadly, one of the best ways I remember doing this was using Google Wave, but that's gone now...
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Brass

Unread post by Brass »

Damn I miss vampire. This is hilarious - I need to go check out the other comics on that site. I was never in a game that got that creative - this is solid gold!

Thank you Cleese!

As for the vampire game idea, still working on the idea - but it might be faster to join that LA website game thing. I got a bit distracted with the events of the last two weeks. Heh.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Since I'm just catching up on my forum chatter, re CCP ,MMO, and permadeath. Just remember... they put this out...and it's a fitting anthem for how they run their games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q
Anaie
Lost

Unread post by Anaie »

Pincus wrote:Since I'm just catching up on my forum chatter, re CCP ,MMO, and permadeath. Just remember... they put this out...and it's a fitting anthem for how they run their games:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q]/url]

Excellent...

If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking.