Do you know what really grinds my gears...

Public Out of Character Board.
Bloodscream
Lost

Re: Do you know what really grinds my gears...

Unread post by Bloodscream »

Oh it's shaping up to be so much sweeter than that...

I've had at least 8 people call me concerning projects I was working on and I referred them all to my boss after informing them I was no longer working for them... they were... slightly angry.

Then the head of the Quebec City office spent the day calling people and giving them what was described to me as "the height of shit"

Then he called me and asked if I would consider taking my position back if he got them to reverse their decision. I told him I hadn't considered such a thing but if he did do that then I would at least some back long enough to finish the two projects I was working on for him.

Friday I went to bring in my paperwork and when I got home, I had a message from...the building I had just left.

Some guy I had never spoken to before had heard I'd been let go and wanted my CV asap because they wanted to talk to me next week about taking a position over at our old Montreal office. Essentially being hired by the left hand after being let go by the right.

It's far from a done deal but it would be hilarious if I ended up working for the same company just from a different position. If so I will ask to work on the same projects I was working on before but this time all the crap that I had to do, the vast mountain of work that I alone was responsible for, is my old bosses problem now and I'll enjoy pressing him on it's completion as it's "holding the rest of us up"

I may poop myself giggling if that occurs.

Nothing done yet but the package should keep me afloat for a few months either way so it's not panic time yet.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Good to hear.
Grolish
Lost

Unread post by Grolish »

Blood - You could offer to return as a "Consultant" to continue / finish your active projects...at 3x your previous salary. :)

I know of at least one person who pulled this off.

Xondor - Sucks to hear that. We're on credit hold with so many vendors it's ridiculous, so they 'downsized' our Thanksgiving turkeys from the 22 lb birdzillas they gave out last year to svelt 12 lb turkeys this year.
Pincus

Unread post by Pincus »

Wait.

You get a Thanksgiving bonus?!?

My parent company made a measly 27 billion dollars in profit last quarter. What do we get. Nuthin'.
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Pincus wrote:Wait.

My parent company made a measly 27 billion dollars in profit last quarter. What do we get. Nuthin'.
The store I work for is having a record year and the most we get is a 25 dollar gift card at Christmas.
Kharzak

Unread post by Kharzak »

record years one after another here. we don't get anything for turkey day or xmas. no bonuses no gift cards no turkey
This is Wrath of Air Country! Select the superior air totem. Use Wrath of Air today!
Immermnemion Dawnbringer

Unread post by Immermnemion Dawnbringer »

The only thing I get is a week-and-a-half vacation.
Xondor

Unread post by Xondor »

Thalevia wrote:

The store I work for is having a record year and the most we get is a 25 dollar gift card at Christmas.
They do give us $100 for xmas... plus a nice party with some decent gift give-a-ways (I think I got a PS3 year before last).

Lets see if this year instead I get to wear jeans for a month...
Thalevia
Lost

Unread post by Thalevia »

Xondor wrote:
Thalevia wrote:

They do give us $100 for xmas... plus a nice party with some decent gift give-a-ways (I think I got a PS3 year before last).

Lets see if this year instead I get to wear jeans for a month...
They gave the managers game systems last year and while we did have a nice party(at which I won nothing! though 3 dollar drinks were pretty nice), the staff pay for it via the vending machines in our break room and parking lot BBQ's in the summer.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

Know who has a shitty job? Shandris Feathermoon. Poor girl hasn't had a raise or a promotion in 10000 years.
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

The last time we had our yearly bonuses cancelled (they're tied to company productivity and we had a bad year) the CEO cancelled his own bonus as well - even the money that's not tied to the company's success. The rest of the executive followed suit. And that's big money; this is not a small company.

This remains the least Dilbert-y corporation I've ever worked for.
Greebo

Unread post by Greebo »

European, right?
Grisbault, Twice-Made.
The p, s, l, and t are silent, the screams are not.
Araun
Lost

Unread post by Araun »

Parisian, no less.