How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?
- I found an advertisement in the WoW Classic forums while looking for a guild to join. I don't know anyone in The Grim.
Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?
- I've roleplayed with friends and in guilds for many years in wow mostly on Moon Guard, but also on Emerald Dream and Wyrmrest Accord. I don't consider myself a heavy RPer. That to me means that someone is In character almost all the time. I like to relax when I play, and oftentimes roleplaying can take a little too much energy for me. I certainly won't say anything ooc in ic channels, and can try to phrase things as ic as I can, but I might just end up not talking a whole lot, which is usually my experience in guilds. I’ve also done many tabletop RP with friends, as well as some purely text based RP.
What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.
- Yes, tons. Scarlet Salvation, Moonsong Caravan, Citrine Eagle, and a bunch of others I don't quite remember the names of. I've only ever been a casual member, except in one case where I became on officer for a short time. I'd go to a few RP events but I was always a bit shy around big crowds.
Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.
- No, Lloraine is my main in Classic
What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?
- I want to do raids and PvP, as well as RP, world PvP, and World RP-PvP events.
What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?
- I've mostly played a healer, both Monk and Shaman, for raids. I've done SoO, HFC, Uldir, and Eternal Palace. I'm wanting to get away from healing and mostly do damage dealing.
What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?
- Slim to none. I've done a lot of casual battlegrounds but struggled to enter in arena. I like ranged damage most in PvP.
What days/times do you typically play this character?
- Any day, typically in the afternoon, evening, and night. PST
Are you prepared to check these forums or our Discord at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)
What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?
- Undead Priest. I've always loved undead (they were my first race) and I love the idea of one being a shadow priest. They just look so cool. Lloraine is a character I have on Wyrmrest Accord in Retail that's an Undead Death Knight and I thought it'd be fun to have her in the past but as a priest. She's very into dark magic, specifically collecting powerful dark magical items.
Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?
- Yes and Yes.
Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)
- Yes I believe so. It's Loraine but with another L like king Llane Wyrnn.
Do you have any questions or anything further to add?
- I tend to take a long time to type and make shorter than average comments due to a language processing disorder (I’ve been tested) which usually just means I’m not super social/talkative. I am a writer though, so the quality of what I say isn’t a concern, just the quantity. I guess my only question is if this would be a problem for your guild? These problems are really only a concern for large group RP’s, especially if everyone is typing at the same time and there’s no established order.
Letter of Intent
To whom it may concern,
Greetings. I have heard through certain networks of your organization’s prowess, and after researching you “Mandate” have come to the decision to apply for membership. Since the dawn of my second life I have dreamed of tearing down the walls of Stormwind and finally curing Azeroth of its greatest disease: Humanity. While I am eternally loyal to the Dark Lady, my savior, I do question her decision to focus primarily on the Scourge threat. For this reason I see The Grim as the best place for me to be in order to see that my dream becomes reality.
My skill in shadow magic grows by the day, and it will only hasten if I’m admitted. I have no doubt in my ability to aid your organization nor in its ability to aid me. I look forward to your reply.