Mizerie

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applications and Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Mizerie

Mizerie

Unread post by Mizerie »

Grim Application For Mizerie Brightlance

How did you hear about The Grim? Do you know anyone in The Grim?

I am a complete newcomer to The Grim, having found it through a guild catalogue in the Wow Classic forums.

Tell us about your roleplaying experience. In WoW? Elsewhere? Do you consider yourself a heavy RPer? What does that mean to you?

A main hobby of mine is roleplay-heavy tabletop games, as well as casual roleplaying with friends. In the past, I've roleplayed in MMOs such as Guild Wars 2 and Retail WoW, as well as FFXIV and ESO.

What is your history in World of Warcraft? Have you been part of any other guilds? If so, tell us about your experiences with them.

I was in event and casual roleplay guild in Retail, around the time of the Legion expansion. Regularly attending roleplay events was the norm during that period.

Are you applying on an alt (non-main) character? If so, what are you looking for here that you are not getting from your main character? If you are feeling honest or adventurous, please let us know who your main is.

I am applying with, and intending to play, my main character.

What are your expectations for your character after joining The Grim? What aspect of the game do you wish to focus on (raiding, mythic plus, organized PvP, achievements)?

While I'm still leveling my Mage, I plan on eventually gunning for endgame content and would like to tackle Onyxia and Molten Core down the line. Besides that, the biggest draw of the game experience for me is roleplaying, and having in-character interactions along the way to endgame is ideal.

What is your PvE (player-versus-environment) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a raid environment?

In Retail, I was a very casual raider, peaking at Normal and Flex content in MoP. I'm flexible in role, having a history of playing mainly tanks, but I'm planning on sticking to a DPS and support role in Classic unless otherwise is needed.

What is your PvP (player-versus-player) experience in World of Warcraft? What classes and roles do you enjoy the most in a PvP environment?

I have little serious PvP experience, mainly sticking to for-fun battlegrounds and arenas.

What days/times do you typically play this character?

7:30pm - 11:30pm PDT on weekdays, while weekend days tend to see more play all the way through.

Are you prepared to check these forums at least a few times a week? (It is The Grim's primary means of communication.)

Ready and willing.

What race and class is this character? Why did you choose this race and class?

Mizerie Brightlance is a shrewd Forsaken Mage, lost in her own head in the endless pursuit of knowledge and power. Forsaken have always been my pet race, having almost exclusively played them since WotLK, however, Mage is a new experience for me. (So far, I love it.)

Have you read the Mandate? Can your character live by it?

Eagerly.

The Grim are considered a Lawful Evil guild. Do you have any experience playing a character of this alignment or a character archetype that believes in structure with evil intent?

I have a strong preference for Lawful Evil or Neutral Evil characters. Most of my tabletop roleplaying characters have been one of the two, however, their means of action and demeanors vary depending on the setting and instance.

Does your character's name fall within the guidelines listed at the beginning of this application? (Please note, if your name does not fall within our guidelines and you do not want to do a name change, you are more than welcome to apply under a different character.)

I believe my character's name does fall within the guidelines.

Do you have any questions or anything further to add?

I look forward to a response and hope to be a worthwhile addition to The Grim!
Mizerie

Re: Mizerie

Unread post by Mizerie »

<Letter of Intent>

She'd lost track of the time, as she often did. It was of no concern to her, things such as sleep were reserved for the mortal roaches she'd grown such disdain for since her reawakening. This is what she told herself, hoping to keep her bones from collapsing under her robe - Shoulders slumped, long hair matted in greasy strands that passed over her necrotic visage. Her hands worked endlessly, ringing against unwashed beakers and the rotting wood beneath a parchment thesis.

Alliance. The name resonated through her skull like an ugly slur. Her jaw clenched, resenting for once a mind sharper than she could often keep up with. How dare they? She thought. Insolent. Asinine. Pestilent.

The pain hit her again, and she doubled over with a hiss as a vial bounced off the table, shattering against the floor. Shards and dust scattered like deadly snow. Old blood seeped through her robe. Perhaps she hadn't cauterized the wound on her ribcage well enough. Perhaps I shouldn't let cocky warriors take advantage of my footing.

It's a mistake I won't make again.

Her latest concoction should do the trick. And then, peace and quiet. She just needed a test subject, and a little bit of field testing. They're always in Hillsbrad. A visit may not be out of the question.

She shut one tome. Filed papers away. Glassware all stored exactly where it should be, each beaker - save one - in a comfortable nook in the shelves. However, as she gazed over the rest of her work area, one piece out of place caught her eye. It was a letter, emblazoned with a handwritten G on the front.

Mizerie's gaze darted around the room. Nobody should be able to find my lab, let alone sneak in.

Dread hit her, sharper than any blade. A sharp, bony finger lifted the envelope, and with an infallible caution, she began to read.

A Grim Purpose - The complete destruction of the Alliance is the goal towards which we strive...
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

(( Hi Mizerie,

Everything looks good. I'll try to find you ingame, but feel free to reach out to Reaver if you don't see me online. You can also ping one of us in Discord.

Welcome!
))
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Duskheron

Unread post by Duskheron »

Admitted
WRA Grim: Duskheron
Syreenna
Irredeemable

Unread post by Syreenna »