Vezar

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Vezar

Vezar

Unread post by Vezar »

((This letter is written in a very plain block font))

It has been a long time since I have sent a letter.  Indeed, it was an entirely different existence for me.  I was once a mage among your numbers.  In trying to research a more powerful method of fighting off the Lich King's control, I was given a book that was never meant to be read by a mage--Harnessing Shadows.  A warlock constantly deals with the shadow, they are ready for what is contained within.

It was not the same for me.  My powers grew at an expedient pace--but then the whispers began.  I knew immediately who it was, but I thought that if I focused my efforts, I could get results first.  But, it became apparent that I would fail in that regard.  Arthas found me in my home in the Undercity--I tried to tap the very core of my being, to destroy him with all the fire and light I could muster--and at the very least, put myself out of his reach by destroying the source of what I was.

But I obviously failed.

The next thing I remember, I was fighting in the Lich Kings ranks.  Where once I was a master of the fire and light, I was now in control of frost and shadow.

The next few years were much of a blur to me.  It wasn't until I was assaulting in Orgrimmar, when I saw familiar surroundings, that I began to question my existence again.  Then again, when assaulting the Light's Hope Chapel--when I and the rest of what became the Ebon Blade found out that we were nothing but fodder to Arthas--I saw flashes of my history again, of the Grim, and my hatred for this 'Prince' burned again.

I want to play a hand in the destruction of Arthas--but I know I cannot do it alone.  So I write to you, in hopes of joining you in your fight.  I will also gladly lay waste to those who count themselves a part of the Alliance.  I saw that there will never be peace with them, just as there will never be peace with Arthas.  Their king made that abundantly clear.  If they could never stand for a peaceful existence, then let them be annihilated.

--Vezar