Re: From the Fabled Order

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Qabian

From the Fabled Order

Unread post by Qabian »

*A note placed conspicuosly in the guild hall of The Grim, a seal of the Argent Crusade emblazoned on the back sealing the envelope*

Respectfully,

Countless times I have battled personally the forces of your clan, countless victories and as many defeats, and yet what had been gained? Evermore the conflict in the North brings destruction beyond comprehension, and still the fued rages. I have long played into the hands that would guide us to our mutual destruction, no longer will I be a pawn.

I do not write this as a Master of the Fabled Order, as I am, as I am sure you will see this as some sort of self righteous banter. I have no time for that. Nor do I write this with the Order's blessing, indeed, it is not needed in this case. I respect many of your finest members, and I am sure, regardless of your outward emotion, it is mutual. Now however, the time has come to put aside old hatred.

You claim to be some of the most fearsome warriors of the Horde, your allies seek destruction, as do you... I ask, why? What will be gained? Is the hole within your souls certainly infinate? Can you ever kill enough? Steal enough? Destroy enough to satisfy your hunger?

Empty is the path you seek, empty are the goals you set, and even more unsatisfying will be the end you approach. Pursuing this path will most certainly lead to mutual destruction, and when it can be avoided continuing such a path seems deviod of reason, something I believe many of you have... despite your attempts to hide it with a bloodlust.

I emplore you, to focus that battle lust, to the destruction of the purest evil we have faced. The Lich King must firstly and foremost be the goal here, no? Like the Argent Dawn and the Knights of the Ebon Blade have united against the greatest threat to sieze this world in years, we must unite should we wish to survive.

This may seem... like a plea, it is not. A suggestion, I doubt the strong willed lot of you wish to be mindless slaves, unless I have completely misjudged you. And so, the point, I assume you are waiting for it....

I suggest putting aside this hatred, this lust for conflict, as it is present on our side as well, and it serves no further purpose. Therefore, I, Russell Cavanaugh of Brill, offer a truce in order do deal with the threat in the North, to allow this conflict to run its course. Our leaders did it at the Wrathgate, I have cast King Wrynn's command out, he has declared war, I left the army of Stormwind to join the Argent Crusade, as it seems rather foolish. Thrall chooses the correct path in this instance, and I am fully supportive of it.

Consider it... I shall await a response. Light Be With You.

*signed*

Cavanaugh
Argent Champion
((Original at TNG))
Abric
Lost

Re: From the Fabled Order

Unread post by Abric »

An interesting approach, yet one far past it's time.  The races of the Alliance do not understand the blight that they are on life, to equal if not greater of a threat to the Lich King itself.  The Lich King, after all, is a product of the Alliance... a creation of their mistakes, their pride, and their weakness.  If left unchecked, there is little that they could not do - which could bring about the destruction of Azeroth and the other worlds that lie within the Twisting Nether.

If this one desires peace, he merely has to bow his head - so Duranor may remove it from his neck.

{{ Excellent RP opportunity, though!  I love the Fabled Order, only have seen good things come from us associating with them }}
~Death is sweeter on the pommel's end