A chunk of inked humanoid skin

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Cesslynn
Lost

A chunk of inked humanoid skin

Unread post by Cesslynn »

*The rolled up dry skin stinks of death, and it is delivered by a blind imp. The rambling is done in poor Orcish.*

To my fal fellow Grims...

Forever is a lamg long time to stay away.

How are things there in Azeroth? Shadowmoon Valley is silent these days.

Sinew Silence is buzzing in my head. Can't stay here anymore.

I wish to devote my heart to the Mandate once more.

It's been too long since I've done it.

Things can't have changed that much, can they?

Where War is still war.

Death is still death.

I can give you that.

Let me. That is all I have left.

I will be good fall in line obey.

- Cesslynn Suntouch
Qabian

Re: A chunk of inked humanoid skin

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian unrolled the skin with the feather edge of a quill and an expression of disgust. Unconventional message delivery didn't necessarily mean anything, but he was always suspicious of a flair for drama. He read the letter, such as it was, with a frown, but when he saw the signature, he pushed his chair back so hard that despite its overwrought size and weight, it slammed back against the floor with a loud bang when he stood and began to pace.

"Nnnno, no, no, no." He muttered to himself. "This must be some kind of joke. Someone thinks they're hilarious. But who? Syreenna might try it." He paused as he passed the desk again to look down at the unrolled message with an odd expression, as though he were surprised it was both real and still there. "I can't. I can't do this." He continued his pacing once more, a thousand thoughts of panic and desperate, poorly constructed rationalizations forming through his mind. "Maybe it's a coincidence? Someone else? No. Too unlikely. Maybe she lost her memory? That might work. Maybe it would be good? Put some distance? No, you idiot. It would do just the opposite. There's no way this ends well. None. I can't."

The letter that found its way back in reply looked like it might have once been on tidy white paper with elegant writing, but the paper was crumpled, as though it had been held in a pocket or a clenched fist for a little too long, and the ink was drippy, blotched, and the writing inconsistent, as though the writer had paused in the middle of words or outright abandoned the task several times.
I know that name, or at least one that is far too close for comfort. There is no power in this world or any other that could give it a quality better than severe disappointment.

You have some choices, if you are set back on this path.

You can speak with someone else. I don't know that Gavril and Khorvis have the pleasure of your recollection. Syreenna does, but what's an ear or two in the Mandate's grand scheme?

Or you can meet with me. Nagrand Arena in Outland, after sunset. Do you remember what happened there? Did you ever know? I imagine we might have a few things to discuss.

~Qabian
It was signed without titles or ceremony or story.

((If you want, we can meet up tomorrow (Monday, April 1st, War Mode ON for the phasing)? Your app said you play at night, so maybe 9pm server time? If that doesn't work for you, we can arrange something that does. Or I can throw you at somebody else, bahaha.

Welcome back~))
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner
Cesslynn
Lost

Re: A chunk of inked humanoid skin

Unread post by Cesslynn »

Her caloused hands reached for the letter brought forth by her imp messenger with delicateness that betrayed her origins at a place far away from Shadowmoon Valley. At her own leisure, the sin'dorei narrowed eyes of the purest green in two small furnaces of fel, noting the state of the missive proper before reading the message itself.

"My, my, little Kelven. Of course it had to be him the one to get our letter. I bet he didn't appreciate our canvas. Mmm~"

The young phoenix chirped at his perch besides his protector, poking her with the tip of its beak and syphoning from her body the magic it needed for sustenance. With her eyes closing, both from drowsiness of the mana deprivation and the many thoughts washing over her, the sin'dorei brought the crumpled letter closer to drag along the thin scar running across the bridge of her nose.

"I can almost scent his disgust. Contempt does suit him."

She wondered what he could have written just for her. The elaborate jabs. Maybe something about her missing ears. Or about her failures. Her greatest failure. Whatever it was, it would feel real. She forced herself to wait. Wait until she couldn't any longer, before opening the missive to read its contents.

"Oh... this is even better than I thought... Do you think Syreena will be there?"
Your wish is my command, High Inquisitor. I will be there.
(April 1st? It better not be a prank, yo! But yeah, I can go there, but i don't know anything about phasing! All I know about War Mode is tha it gives me sweet extra XP and talents! Thanks!)