Kraken Stamped Envelope (Viszla Hollowstar)

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Viszlique

Kraken Stamped Envelope (Viszla Hollowstar)

Unread post by Viszlique »

Arriving would be a letter, the old faded paper folded in and stamped close by a crimson wax. Drops of the blood red stamp spray gently across the seams while the stamp itself bears a distinct mark. The symbol of a glaring Kraken, its tentacles expanding to the edges of the clay. Upon opening the paper, inside would be contained a gilded note, the edges marked with golden symbols and streaks up and around the folded piece of paper, stained with salt and the yellow of age. Upon unfolding the note one would read in Orcish.

"Greetings, friends and or potential allies! I am Captain Viszla of the Dread Star, an infamous ship you may have heard of. Plunderers of the south seas, dread corsairs of the east, and the Krakens of Kalimdor! However... Since the Battle of the Broken Shore, my crew has been shrinking and shrinking with little places to seek replacements. I come with an offer! The Dread Star sails again, the crew minimal but functional, and the cannons still loaded, thirsty to sink Alliance dogs into the sea! We may be an independent vessel, but we are loyal to the Horde, and plunder all enemies of said faction, and ones who do not fall directly under its banner."

Signed - Viszla Hollowstar
Qabian

Re: Kraken Stamped Envelope (Viszla Hollowstar)

Unread post by Qabian »

Qabian broke the seal and opened the letter carefully, using an ordinary wooden letter opener rather than his fingers whenever possible, keeping the paper at arm's length. The way things were these days, trusting to symbolic tentacles was a mistake he wasn't going to make outright, even if it made him wonder about his own paranoia. He frowned at the paper's appearance, but tried not to think about it too hard as he read the letter and wrote a response.

Viszla Hollowstar,

I am not entirely certain if your letter reached us intentionally as some of the clues within make it seem indirect. We are not particularly in the market for ships and crews and vessels beyond the Horde's general need for naval superiority.

However, we are always looking for more power to force our Mandate upon the Alliance. If you are willing and wanting to aid the Horde's cause by whatever means are necessary, The Grim will be gathering outside of Booty Bay this Friday at the 6th bell. If you can make an appearance then, we can speak further.

If you can't, we can make a more personal arrangement if you wish.

~Magister Qabian Grimfire
High Inquisitor of the Grim

((Janeiro's Point, Booty Bay, Friday, March 8, 6pm server 9pm EST, War Mode ON. If you can't make it, let me know, and we'll find a time that works.))
"While our enemies remain, peace is not victory." ~Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner