A paper-wrapped playback device

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Mirathendia

A paper-wrapped playback device

Unread post by Mirathendia »

A piece of paper, singed at one edge and stained with, well, it's possibly better not to know what, is wrapped around a small playback device. Written in a crisp hand is, "To: The Most Esteemed Inquisitors of The Grim" and "From: Tweezle Sparkscatter". There is a red button on the playback device that says PUSH ME.

When the red button is pressed, the device hisses for a moment, a few sparks scatter from an exposed wire, and then a female goblin voice comes from the small speaker.
Hi! I think I'm recording. Am I recording? Yeah, it looks like I am.

How ya'doin? I'm Tweezle Sparkscatter and this paladin pointed me your way after pulling me out of a carnivorous flower (uh, maybe I shouldn't mention that? well, too late now, Tweezle, only one shot with this thing). Name was something like a death knight's ghoul? Mithril Marrowbone? Misty Muddyblood? I don't remember and I couldn't write it down because the flower ate my notebook. Anyway, this paladin tells me that your lot might be the sort who can appreciate a woman of science! Whoooo might have questionable ethics and is unconcerned with moral dilemmas.

I'd be happy to meet up with you and chat about explosions, fires, poisons, and gnome anatomy, and see if you really are as hip as all that.

Don't worry, this message won't self-destruct or anything. Unless I wired it wrong. But I don't think I did.
The recording ends and the device sits there. It is not smoking or ticking and appears to be inert and not about to explode in the way that most goblin devices that aren't intended to explode often don't.
The Grim: Mirathendia Morrowblood | Tweezle Sparkscatter | Nahmiri
Blood Moon Rising: Rilasuka | Nethendia | Nahedrie | Merralynnia