New to the Ranks

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Bloodaxe
Lost

New to the Ranks

Unread post by Bloodaxe »

The guild hall door swung open slowly, just a crack, and a small but lovely face framed by Redhair peeped around the frame. The Blood Elf sniffed a few times and then a smile split the beautiful features as she recognized something.

"Filthy habit." She muttered as she stepped through the door, looking about with some trepidation, the smile growing on her face. Small feet stepped carefully and soundlessly over the doorstep as she came further into the fall, head turning from side to side, eyes hidden by a red mask.

"Anyone here?" She paused in the sunbeam, waiting for an answer. "Kiannis told me to bring this by." She waved a letter about in the sunbeam, the paper rustling as it moved, the wind from outside bringing the musky but pleasant scent of a fighting soul with it. Her diminutive frame might have barely registered to some but there was no denying the shrill indignation of her next words.

"I say, is anyone here!?"

She paused, leaning partially on one half off of the door. When no answer came she stomped her foot impatiently.

((Alt to Bloodaxe. Soon to become the account main))
Maikull
Lost

Re: New to the Ranks

Unread post by Maikull »

An undead clad in purple full Fire Weaver Regalia crossed the threshold. “Bal'a dash, malanore” stated to the female Sin’dorei, in perfect Thalassian. He glanced over at the Announcement board, slightly annoyed none of his postings had been answered yet. He turned his attention back to the girl “Inquisitor Ash’Therod sent for you?” he asked, still speaking her native tongue. “Not sure if he is here or not, is there something in particular I can help you with?
Bloodaxe
Lost

The Blood Elf smiled brightly at the Undead, secretly relieved that the creature spoke her tongue as she was, at best, a poor student of other languages.

"He did! I was told to bring this letter by the Guild Hall." She held it out proudly and then seemed to realize that the Undead would have no idea why she was there, even if she waved the letter in his face.

"To join the Grim!" She exclaimed with a rather intense enthusiasm. "You know, kill the Alliance, eat their babies, and all that good stuff."

She leaned forward as if she sharing a secret with the Undead.

"I'll pass on the eating babies bit, never could stand them, even with barbecue sauce."
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

Mai’kull stifled a chuckle at the amusing little Elf. “Well I am not sure if any of the Inquisitors are available at the moment, however, I shall pass on your arrival to them. Generally, newcomers are directed towards the Inquisition. This Monday, we shall be meeting in Thunder Totem, in Highmountain. We normally start the proceedings around 8pm, so you might want to calibrate your Gyrochronatom or Goblin Clock as most call them, if you have one. If you cannot make that particular time, sent a missive to Inquisitor Ash’Therod and I’m sure accommodations can be made.

Mai’Kull gave a respective bow to the little one before him, yet did not take his eyes off her. “I am Mai’Kull Fireweaver…and you are?”
Bloodaxe
Lost

She listened intently, her attention focused intently on the Forsaken. The tattoos that covered her skin marked her as more than a Blood Elf, a Demon Hunter maybe, but she bore no horns nor any of the other telltale markings of the twisted kindred.

"That simply won't do I am afraid." She said when he'd finished explaining the Goblin Clock. She made a mental note to find herself one. Time had never been particularly important to her, she'd just planned things off the movement of the stars and planets, or by the location of the sun in the sky, like a normal person. Or by rolling dice. "I will have to find one of these Inquisitive fellows instead."

When the Undead bowed she resisted the urge to clap her hands with delight. The Forsaken were usually such an unpleasant and impolite bunch. Like humans, but dead, without skin, or a heart beat, or proper faces. So all in all, typically a lot worse than humans. Though both had tried to kill her on more than one occasion. Still, she didn't like to assume anything about anyone. That was how you ended up dead. Her own personal motto mirrored that thought process. ABC. Assume nothing. Believe no one. Check everything.

Still manners she appreciated and so she bowed in return, her redhair cascading down her face like a crimson waterfall. She was indeed slight in build, so fine in feature one might fear breaking her if they were to squeeze her to hard. Her movements were fluid and precise, not a wasted effort anywhere. Except perhaps in how much she talked.

"Mai'Kull Fireweaver. I am Caelena, tough some simply call me the Redfox." She tossed her hair over her shoulder to empathize the point and flashed a smile of perfect white teeth. "No last name alas. Though maybe I ought to adopt Fireweaver, it sounds very mystical!"

((Work night shift that evening. I think Kiannis might be helping me out)).
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

Mai'kull chuckles as the elf teases taking his surname. "You can have it, as it is an adopted name I have acquired since my death. I forgot much, but the only thing I could remember were my Fireweaver robes. So I took it on as my surname." He chuckled some to himself, "Typical Sin'Dorei...forget your own name, but you don't forget a clothing line...Showed where our priorities are..."

"But yes, seek out an Inquisitor, I shall tell them you seek their audience."
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

Ruuki made her way into the guild hall, the sound of hooves clopping heavily against the stone and wood as she walked. She tugged off her helm and shook out her mane, braids swinging wildly just for a moment as she sought to rid herelf of some of the sweat that had accumulated. Greenish blood still clung to her plate mail in some places, though the massive sword on her back was somehow pristine. She rounded the corner to find Mai'kull speaking with the newcomer Demon Hunter, and with a wary expression she approached them both.

"New friend of yours, Mai'kull?" She looked over the slight Illidari with a critical eye, lips set in a tense line and brow slightly furrowed. She had her reservations that one so tiny could possibly be of any consequence, but there were others among them who were small of build as well and were some of the deadliest in the guild. "What business does she have here in our hall?"
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

Mai’kull turns as the High Inquisitor enters the hall, and gives a respectful nod to her. He cleared his throat to prepare his vocal cords for Orcish again “An aspirant, under the guidance of Inquisitor Ash’Therod apparently, Caelena Redfox” he stated, presenting the Elf before Ruuki.

I was directing her to the Inquisition this Monday as customary, however she claims she cannot make it so I told her to be sure to get in contact with one of the Inquisitors, Lucky for her you arrived when you did. I could not find Inquisitor Ash’Therod or Lady Lilliana so I spoke with her myself.

He took a step back, allowing the High Inquisitor to assume control of the proceedings and look over the little Sin’Dorei girl. He coughed lightly before speaking in a soft tone in Taurahe, out of the understanding of the outsider “Took me by surprise…The Witchdoctor Anderlee was correct in assuming our Guild Hall Defenses need updating…no idea how she got in, however she does have a letter directing her here.
Bloodaxe
Lost

Caelena had of course seen Tauren before but she'd never quite got over the "Large and in Charge" presence they had. Considering she was probably about the same size and weight of the Taurens weapon, well, she'd long ago learnt that getting hit with something her own weight hurt, a lot.

The bright smile crossed her face again and she bowed slightly as the Forsaken began to introduce her, resisting the urge to roll her eyes when introduced as Caelena Redfox, why everyone insisted on making her nickname into her last name she would never know. Maybe it was strange for them to think of someone without a second name. Well, when you started life as a barmaid, got caught up in a Demonic attack, and then recover consciousness with someone telling you that "You're now kind of awesome", you found a lot of things heroes did strange.

"Yes, lucky!" She echoed the Forsakens words, not actually sure if that was the case but it never hurt to be hopeful. She was so much smaller than the Tauren that her head was tilted back at an unpleasant angle as she tried to maintain eye contact. That was one thing she'd always hated, being loomed over. She was short. She got it. Thanks for the reminder. Now go jump off a cliff. She said none of that of course, but it certainly flashed through her mind.

The blood on the Taurens armour fascinated her as well. She'd never done much fighting before a few weeks earlier and had never seen green blood. Maybe Goblins had green blood? But they were Horde, so no sense in a Tauren killing them. It was a thought for another time and she pushed it away for later consideration.

The Forsaken muttered quietly to the Tauren and she understood not a word of it. She knew a few words in pretty much every language. But they were limited to "Drink" and phrases that she'd come to realize were invitations for sexual adventures. None of which would be polite or appropriate at this time.

"Oh, and it's Caelena. Just plain Caelena. Redfox is a nickname, the type drunk males like to throw at me. It's kind of stuck as a nickname."
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

She listened quietly, both to Mai'kull's explanations and introductions, and to Caelena's simplification of her name. Truth be told, Ruuki was a little on the short side for a Tauren, but if Caelena was having to crane her neck up this much, she'd break her neck upon meeting Awatu. "We can't keep everyone out. I couldn't explain it very well but intent may play into it? Aderlee would be the one to answer questions about it." She responded to Mai'kull, similarly in Taurahe. She turned her attention back to the Demon Hunter, standing to her full height.

"Well met. I am Ruuki, High Inquisitor of the Grim. I oversee the Supplicants as they undergo the Trials of the Inquisition." She tucked her helm under her left arm, tugging off one bloodied gauntlet so that she could offer a somewhat clean-ish hand to shake. "You seek to join our ranks, then? How did you hear of us?"
Bloodaxe
Lost

It was always annoying when folk purposely left you out of a conversation. She assumed it had something to do with her since they were doing it right in front of her. Maybe she should just learn Taurahe and tell no one. She wouldn't even know where to start, heck, she didn't even know where they were from. She'd heard stories of Thunderbluff but never been. Never been to most places actually.

"A pleasure, High Inquisitor." She took the offered hand and shook two great fingers, her small hand barely able to wrap around them. Yet another reminder of her size. She smiled though as she greeted the other, good things could come in small packages to be sure.

"I do indeed wish to join your ranks! I met a GentleElf in Dalaran, which I didn't know existed, not long ago, Kiannis by name, and he suggested I apply. I am, well, I don't really remember much of anything before a week ago other than bits and pieces here and there. Next thing I know, I'm fighting Demons! Of course that is thirsty work so I went for a bit of a drink and, as I imagine happens to yourself, some drunk idiots started in on my 'foxy red hair', yadda yadda. Needless to say, things have been confusing." The entire mass of words came out with barely a breath taken and much gesturing with her hands.
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

Mai'lull stifled a snort at the comment, referring Kiannis as a "Gentle Elf" but kept his mouth shut and made a mental note to bring that up in casual conversation with him later.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

"Fighting demons is sometimes difficult work, but it is something we find we excel at." She shook her head slightly, turning to continue on her path towards the Office of the Inquisition, fully expecting the both of them to follow. "Of course, we have been fortunate to have Demon Hunters such as yourself join us and share their knowledge, to turn the tides in our favor. But the Legion is not our only enemy. We also face the Alliance dogs no matter where we go, so our work is doubled as they need eliminating as well."

The office itself was empty at the moment, two smaller desks unoccupied and covered with assorted papers and oddities bearing the marks of their owners. The desk of the High Inquisitor was larger, and somehow felt more imposing even though it was neatly kept. She seemed to be one who preferred everything organized. The sigil of the Grim hung from the front of it, a tapestry of sorts in night black and blood red that, though tattered and a little worn, still gave off a sense of foreboding.

"Kiannis is one of my Inquisitors, and if he told you to seek us out then I will trust his judgment. But I have a question for you." She set her helm down on the desk, then turned to face Caelena.

"As I stated before, we fight not only the Legion, but the Alliance as well. So there will be a time where you will come across them both in your travels of the Broken Isles. Given that you only have opportunity to engage one of them in battle, who would you attack first- the demon, or the Alliance?"
Maikull
Lost

Unread post by Maikull »

Mai'kull followed behind Ruuki, remaining silent and intently watching the interaction between the Inquisitor and Aspirant, making mental notes. At the question asked of the elf in question, he reflected upon when he was asked something similar, at his first inquisition. Perhaps there answer was how the Inquisition allocated troops among The Deathless and The Insane's forces. He awaited for the petite elf to answer, assuming of course her course of action would be directed more towards the demons, as the Illidari was comprised of both Horde and Alliance Races, working together against the Demon Forces of the Burning Legion.
Bloodaxe
Lost

The office was , as Caelena expected, an office. Desks, papers, chairs, a flag and or sigil behind the desk. It was also painfully well organized. She made a mental note to never invite the High Inquisitor to her home for tea, no doubt she would be appalled at its state.

As the helmet hit the desk the Tauren turned, blocking out the light of the window behind her. The Forsaken had come along as well, silent and mildly menacing now that Caelena was in a small space with the two of them. Maybe they were going to kill her if she got the question wrong?! There was no two ways about it. She was so uncertain in her own newfound powers, and life for that matter, that she wasn't certain she'd really be able to defend herself, she never fought non-demons before.

Caelan listened to the question, looking for a hidden trap in the words. Folk had tried the trick on her often enough and she'd fallen for it many times. But since her reawakening she'd felt a surge of energy whenever she thought people were lying. Not like a lie detector but more anger, anger that they were trying to deceive her. At that moment she simply felt unsure.

"I have never fought any Alliance at all." She said slowly. "Plenty of Demons, but never any Alliance." She hurried on before the Tauren could speak. "Simply because I've never had to. Putting all my cards on the table," She gestured with her delicate fingers as if she was dealing cards. "I don't remember much of any of my life before a couple of weeks ago. Sure I have snatches here and there but it's almost like it was someone else's life. All I really remember is fighting Demons. When I met Kiannis it was literally the first time I had exchanged words with someone who wasn't a Demon Hunter. "

She fell silent for a moment, finger touching her chin gently as she thought for a moment longer.

"But realistically, it's going to come down to whoever is trying to kill me. I've already died once, I won't be doing that again!" The words came out as a surprising snarl and would have been cute if it wasn't for the intensity with which she said it.