Gobfry

For those who seek to join our cause, state your intent (( Applicant Character Introductions ))

Moderator: Officers

Atticus

Gobfry

Unread post by Atticus »

Howdy Inquisitors and Inquisitresses,

The name’s Gobfry, though most folks just call me Fry, and this here’s my Letter of Intent. You see, on account of the actions of a few inconsiderate varmints, I find myself afflicted with an unusual malady. I’d be happy to get into it elsewhere, but for the sake of keeping this letter short and sweet, let’s just say that my blood’s been bewitched. If I don’t flush my veins out time and again, well, I’ll turn looney and die shortly thereafter. So here I am, in constant need of fresh red to pump through my innards.

As you’ve probably reckoned, this particular lifestyle can cause some vexation among folks what don’t usually spend their time draining other folks’s blood. Lucky for me, there’s you. The Grim. You ladies and gents have fetched yourselves quite a reputation for being the bloodiest organization that ever was. I figure none of you all will cluck your tongue if you catch me siphoning a couple gallons off some dead rascals here and there.

If you all would be so accommodating as to allow this humble feller into your gang, I’d be obliged to share some of my abilities with you. Apart from the usual things, like fighting and whatnot, I’m an oil man. Been one all my life. Found out when I was just a pup that I had a knack for tapping into nature, smelling out precious metals and fancy rocks – but what made me a fortune was the oil. My pap used to say that the goblin economy was lubricated with black gold. More and more, so’s the Horde’s. I reckon that the Grim could use oil as much as anyone. To power your siege engines, grease your guns, and, fel, to fund the war itself.

Blood for oil. Seems a right fair exchange to me.

I think that just about covers it. Oh, and if you don’t object, I’ll be bringing along a friend of mine – a three legged dog that I’ve taken to calling Tricycle. The poor creature got his leg burned off a few years ago, when one of the cartel’s oil fields caught fire. I saved the ornery little thing, and he’s been hobbling along after me ever since.

Anyway. Time to skedaddle.

- Fry

----------

OOC:

My plan was to play for a few months once the new expansion hits, though with what’s happened, I think I’m going to leave Attie in storage for a while. I decided that I wanted to make a whole new character, and if the inquisitors would indulge me, I’d like to go through the inquisition process over again. It’ll help me develop this character – and, I hope, it’ll help me present him to the guild as something a little more than just “one of Attie’s alts.” I fully expect this guy to be my new main, for a while. So here he is. I present Gobfry: the steampunk Texas oil-man vampire (not-really) enhancement shaman goblin.
Last edited by Atticus on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lilliana

Re: Gobfry

Unread post by Lilliana »

Lilliana was first to read this letter. She ripped it open casually as she sat at a desk. After she finished reading she burst out giggling, "He has to flush his veins? That's totally weird."

She then took the letter, "Khorvis! Ruuki! This guy sounds neato!" and off she ran to find either her sister Inquisitor or the High Inquisitor himself so that she could share the words from a new aspirant.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

"Neato? Is that the standard you've been using to bring new Supplicants into our midst?" She'd found Ruuki in the forge this day, the Sunwalker busy hammering out a dent that nearly cleaved Moru's massive breastplate in two. She wiped the sweat from her brow on her arm, setting aside her tools to take the note and read it several feet away from the forge, where she could cool off.

"He'll be hard pressed to find any of our enemies intact enough to draw blood from, though I suppose being a Goblin he won't need much of it. Still, if he proves himself I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him an Alliance or two every now and again, rather than just slaying them all..." She handed the note back to Lilliana. "And he's right- we will need the coin to fund our efforts against the Legion. But his talents in battle will need to be above his talents in playing with oil. We'll see how he fares at our next gathering."
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

Khorvis looked up from the Desk of Resolve as Lilliana barged into his office. He had been studying a copy of Gnitch's airship and admiring the placement of the many cannons, when the door flew open and a whirlwind of trolless breached his sanctum.

After a minute of attempting to calm the Inquisitor down and snatch the letter, which she was waving madly, from her hand, Khorvis surrendered and sat back down with a grunt. Grinning like a wicked child, Lilliana stood smartly before the desk and handed the note to the orc like a paragon of politeness. She watched his facial expressions as he read (slowly) the page.

"Gobfry, hrmph. Seems to have a strange sickness. Do you think it be catching? The Grim have no need for yet another malady...

And yet, the goblin do be right. We require all of this "black gold" that the earth has to offer. Order him to attend us at the next Inquisition, Lilliana. We will put this "Fry" to the question.

And wipe that bloody grin off your face!"
Khorvis

Unread post by Khorvis »

[[ Ha, Ruuki and I posted at the same time! ]]
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((They're just that in sync ;) ))
Lilliana

Unread post by Lilliana »

((that was cute))
Atticus

Unread post by Atticus »

Sorry for the delay, folks. Got caught in the brambles of life, so to speak. I'll be around lickety split.
Atticus

Unread post by Atticus »

((After talking with Rumbuggery about the needs and the direction of the raiding group, I've decided to create a shadow priest. So I'd like to put Gobfry's inquisition on hold for now. As for the priest, his name is Theophanus, and I'll submit a letter of interest shortly. For him, I'm not going to pursue a full inquisition.
Neevah

Unread post by Neevah »

((Not a problem, I'll make Gobfry a minion and whenever you're ready to do the Inquisition we can move him back to Supplicant.))